"VECTOR MAGIC"

Started by delooch, October 26, 2007, 05:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jezza

Surely if you have Illy CS3 there is little need for this? Auto race (CS2 here) is tremendously powerful with the right settings.
one sick prepress mofo

born2print

Good point, never have tried it! :-[
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

delooch

Quote from: jezza on November 13, 2007, 02:53:27 PMSurely if you have Illy CS3 there is little need for this? Auto race (CS2 here) is tremendously powerful with the right settings.

not a need exactly..im still on cs2. i can make auto trace do what i want most of the time.. I still like to fall back to PS & streamline depending on what im doing. but overall, its results are pretty good with little intervention, even on crap files.  just one more possibly useful link...

ninjaPB_43

I got admit I was skeptical but, I ran a high res picture through yesterday, and was really impressed with the results..  I will be using this again.
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

gnubler

I've been using it as well - and mostly from low-rez clipart I find from online services I don't subscribe to. If there's a watermark I don't even bother, but I'm getting good results from smaller 72 DPIs.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

LoganBlade

Try a nice 300dpi picture. They have a size limit but damn if it wasn't something you could use to do a very large banner. and still see great detail. I haven't had a need to use it but it is excellent and you don't have to think much. I give it a solid 10.
"dyslexics have more fnu"

delooch

easy come, easy go.

Looks like VM has gone commercial. if you register soon you get "4 free tokens", 1 token = 1 file process, after that its like $2.25 usd each.

It was a nice free app while it lasted, much easier than cs2/streamline.

ninjaPB_43

I think I can still find $2.25 in my freelance jobs if I need to use it.    But free was better.  :tongue:
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

gnubler

Ach, big bummer! And their new logo sucks, too. Oh well, off it goes from my Bookmarks.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

ninjaPB_43

Joe

Well, that was a nice resource to have but you can do the same thing in Illustrator. No tokens needed if you already have the software. :cool:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

Only CS2 and up, I think. No Live Trace in CS1 (which I use)

Sparky

Quote from: PlateSmith on October 30, 2007, 11:51:40 AMI always wanted a job at which I did nothing but trace with a pen tool in Illustrator for 40 hours a week.  Now like Plating 40 hours a week, it's on its way to the island of misfit career dreams.   :(

Been there-Done that. I worked for a prepress finishing house that worked like an assembly line :sleepy: Each person did a specific job, and passed the end results to the next person. I started as a Quark "Page assembler" (whatever the hell that means) and unfortunately for me, once proved how good I could do outlines with the pen tool in Photoshop :cry: (mind you this was around 92-93 with photoshop v3 I think). Anyway I do hope your comment was sarcastic, I'd hate to sit and do just one of anything all day 7/week  :sleepy:
"No well engineered plan survives contact with reality"

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Sparky on March 15, 2008, 10:38:54 AM
Quote from: PlateSmith on October 30, 2007, 11:51:40 AMI always wanted a job at which I did nothing but trace with a pen tool in Illustrator for 40 hours a week.  Now like Plating 40 hours a week, it's on its way to the island of misfit career dreams.   :(

Been there-Done that. I worked for a prepress finishing house that worked like an assembly line :sleepy: Each person did a specific job, and passed the end results to the next person. I started as a Quark "Page assembler" (whatever the hell that means) and unfortunately for me, once proved how good I could do outlines with the pen tool in Photoshop :cry: (mind you this was around 92-93 with photoshop v3 I think). Anyway I do hope your comment was sarcastic, I'd hate to sit and do just one of anything all day 7/week  :sleepy:

Can anyone say BINDERY.
Member #285 - Civilian

G_Town

Quote from: Sparky on March 15, 2008, 10:38:54 AM

We got "loaned" a guy from a competitor until we could hire someone to replace the guy that got the axe.

First day in I explain what he needs to do and he replys "oh I don't know how to do that I ONLY do color work" now in this day and age I find it absurd that you can be that narrowly focused.