Re-Partitioning Nexus Drive

Started by geminianspark, June 03, 2010, 10:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geminianspark

Corporate came along and wants us to repartition our Nexus server to move our artwork share to that server also.  When the IT guy tried to "shrink" the E drive of nexus, it would only allow him to shrink it in half.  It currently has 880GB of space and he was told to shrink it to 200 GB.   Anyone have any suggestions on how to accomplish this task with minimal downtime?  Will we have to reconfigure the whole nexus drive in order to do this?   

Stiv

I'm not going to be able to help here.
My question is why would they want to do that? What are the benefits?

mattbeals

Yeah, what's the point? Re-allocating storage? You're probably looking at wiping the drive and starting over. What's the current configuration and where is the art supposed to be moved to?
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

Joe

I use this often and have resized partitions of various sizes.

http://www.partition-tool.com/personal.htm
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

geminianspark

-don't know "WHY"... just know that's what they said to do. 

-currently, nexus is on the E drive with 880GB of storage.  He was told to take it to 200GB and reallocate the rest to a new partition. 

-starting over is what i was worried about.

Joe

Quote from: geminianspark on June 04, 2010, 07:25:18 AM-don't know "WHY"... just know that's what they said to do. 

-currently, nexus is on the E drive with 880GB of storage.  He was told to take it to 200GB and reallocate the rest to a new partition. 

-starting over is what i was worried about.

The software I linked to above does non destructive partitioning.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

geminianspark

sent IT the link...  thanks!!