Enfocus announces PitStop 2017

Started by Joe, March 08, 2017, 06:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Enfocus announces PitStop 2017

The most powerful and technically advanced PDF preflight and correction solution available on the market today

Interesting excerpt:

QuoteThe name change to PitStop 2017 signals a move to an annual release cycle and introduces changes to the upgrade, pricing and support policies.

Customers under maintenance will automatically receive the new PitStop 2017 license upon release.

Customers buying a new PitStop 13 license from now until the release of PitStop 2017, will automatically also receive a license for PitStop 2017 that they can use when it is available.

For PitStop 13 users without a maintenance contract, the most cost effective way to upgrade to PitStop 2017 is by taking out an annual maintenance contract now. This offer is only available until the release of PitStop 2017.

Customers on older versions also have the opportunity to take out a maintenance contract prior to release, but they must upgrade to the current PitStop 13 version first to be able to do so.

Purchasing a maintenance contract is the most cost effective way to automatically receive major PitStop upgrade versions. From the day PitStop 2017 is released, only maintenance contract customers and customers who obtained PitStop licenses through subscription may contact Enfocus directly for priority support through the Enfocus support portal. Priority support includes a response within 1 business day.

Customers without a maintenance contract can only look for answers to their questions by consulting the "Known issues and solutions" webpage, found on the Enfocus website, or seek help from fellow users on the Enfocus community forum.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

We are on 12_U3. Better get my arse into gear and catch up to 13, so we're in the starting blocks.

I hope I don't have to dissect this Annual Licence $$ vs. a purchase. It seems implicit in that that a purchase is an option, though they don't say so.

A cost comparison would be nice... approximate costs/frequency of major upgrade purchases vs. ALs. Some reassurance that ALs may be a bit less expensive than awaiting purchases. (fly fishing here.... :D  )

Having said that, how do you explain to people who don't use it that it'ds pretty much the best bang-for-buck such software around.

Thanks for posting, Joe.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Yes you can buy it without the maintenance contract. (Customers without a maintenance contract can only look for answers to their questions by consulting the "Known issues and solutions" webpage, found on the Enfocus website, or seek help from fellow users on the Enfocus community forum.)

Frequency of major upgrades is expected to be yearly. (The name change to PitStop 2017 signals a move to an annual release cycle)

If indeed it is a yearly cycle I expect they are going to make the yearly upgrade to the new version more expensive if you are without the maintenance contract than what the yearly maintenance contract would run you. At least that is what I take from that news release.

QuoteHaving said that, how do you explain to people who don't use it that it's pretty much the best bang-for-buck such software around?

Do without it for awhile and show them what you can no longer fix.

frailer

Yes, surely a carrot on a stick, as, admin-wise, Yearly Maint. is much easier for them.

Would love to know from ABC as to what sort of %age differential.... only for me selling it to the bosses/bean counters.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

abc

I'll get pricing and post it so you know the options.
If you are on 12u3, It will be cheaper to upgrade to the current version and take a maintenance contract now, than wait until after the release.
Same for version 13 users. If they take a maintenance contract now they get PitStop 2017 when it's released automatically.
If they wait until after the version is released, they are looking at an upgrade which will be more expensive, with maintenance as an option on top of the upgrade.

frailer

Thanks abc. What is the rough time frame before the door slams?

DigiCorn

there is no pitstop here and while we use DC and can do many pitstop-like things without it, i miss it and want it... but it doesn't look like they want to spend the money to get it.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

abc

frailer

Thanks abc... shall get onto it next week. Weekend looms...

frailer

Quote from: DigiCorn on March 09, 2017, 05:30:04 PMthere is no pitstop here and while we use DC and can do many pitstop-like things without it, i miss it and want it... but it doesn't look like they want to spend the money to get it.
Keriste, it pays for itself weekly; conservative estimate. But you knew that... :shrug:  But they don't, and of course won't be convinced of it.  :shrug:

.... got in here, (Monday morn). Upper-end customer who has a d/bag doing the dezinging, supplies a classy invitation with 2 named versions of (the same) Spot silver (foil). And a rogue custom Spot.
I know I could have fixed them in XMF, though it's not always the case, but fixing shit like this is like breathing.
Otherwise it's KIB. Wow, do you get 'the look' if *that's* ever suggested.

.... mocked up proof ready for Rep before 9AM.

pabney

So how do you add a maintenance contract. I have one version 13 license on subscription, and 3 version 13 on permanent license.
Logging into my account I don't see a way to change the permanent to the subscription.

Joe

My guess is to contact your reseller.

Slappy

Quote from: abc on March 09, 2017, 06:15:37 AMI'll get pricing and post it so you know the options.
Any info out there you can share? Like to get it in front of The Man. Thanks!
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

abc

Quote from: pabney on March 14, 2017, 08:33:57 AMSo how do you add a maintenance contract. I have one version 13 license on subscription, and 3 version 13 on permanent license.
Logging into my account I don't see a way to change the permanent to the subscription.

You can't convert a permanent to a subscription, to be honest you don't need to.
You can get a maintenance contract for your Perpetual PitStop 13, but you'll need to contact your Enfocus reseller to do so.
If you don't have one let me know and I can get someone to contact you.

abc

Quote from: Slappy on March 14, 2017, 10:40:54 AM
Quote from: abc on March 09, 2017, 06:15:37 AMI'll get pricing and post it so you know the options.
Any info out there you can share? Like to get it in front of The Man. Thanks!

Sorry guys, been out of the office in the UK on a family matter, I'll be back in the office tomorrow so will post the upgrade pricing tomorrow.