Workshop Mac vs. PC interface

Started by joch230, August 06, 2021, 07:38:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joch230

On Prinergy 8.2.1.  Our new Prinergy admin just noticed that using his Mac version of Workshop that the Process > Enabled Rules view is grayed out but it's not on his PC. Both Workshops logged in as himself. I know for certain that this feature used to work equally well for Macs and PC's.

Is there any difference between the Macs and PC's and how the interface might not display this on a Mac that you can think of. Attached is how it properly functions on a PC. On a Mac, it's greyed out.

-John

johnny_jay

All other features working? Could it be how the Mac is connected to the network?

John
Kodak Prinergy and InSite
Preps
Epson P7000 driven by Fiery XF
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
3 web presses, 1 sheetfed press
G7 Expert

Joe

Not seeing the issue on my Mac but I am on Prinergy 9.0.1 but I never had that issue on any version of Prinergy 8.x and we use that for a quite a few things.

From your screen shot it doesn't look like that it is grayed out. It appears it is just not seeing the rules on the Mac. Are these system rules or job rules?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

joch230

Joe, it was system rules. The screen shot was from a PC where they were working. Just found out the problem was due to a program that corporate had installed on the macs called z-scaler, an internet security program. If we turn if off, restart the Mac and keep it off, everything works again in workshop.  Everything else in Workshop was working but that, oddly enough. thanks for the thoughts and feedback.   John

born2print

:angry:
The only problems we ever have any more are our own corporate IT shooting us in the foot!  :shoots_self:
Buy yay, we're secure
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

joch230

Quote from: born2print on August 06, 2021, 10:27:42 AM
The only problems we ever have any more are our own corporate IT shooting us in the foot!  :shoots_self:
Buy yay, we're secure
How true is that....so secure it's hard to do your job anymore. 

Joe

Buy yay, we're secure

Our IT department is awesome! (it is me)  :rotf:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

Quote from: Joe on August 06, 2021, 12:08:42 PM
Buy yay, we're secure

Our IT department is awesome! (it is me)  :rotf:

so is mine!

(it is me too!)
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca