Setting up business emails

Started by Designia(o_O), April 13, 2023, 12:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Designia(o_O)

Have any of you had to deal with setting up emails for your companies? Our old owner had us using Icewarp, which just upgraded and it's complete shit. People are complaing to me like I fkg designed the software so I'm looking around. Not even really sure where to start. We obviously need the @ourdomain.com address and our websites are hosted by GoDaddy so I have them sending me info. Just wondering if any of you have recommendations.

born2print

Our corp uses gmail, not sure what is involved to get an @domain with the Goog though...
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

Designia(o_O)

Do you use an @domain or just the @gmail?

born2print

Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

Joe

We used Rackspace where I was at. It was running $2.40 per mont per user. We went with it because it was a lot cheaper that Gmail. You can set it up for your own domain. Each mailbox gets 25 GB of space and also includes being able to use webmail or an email client on your computer. Either or both work fine. Also can be setup on your Android or iPhone.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

AaronH

We use Microsoft Exchange/Office 365. I think its $4 per user for a 50gb mail box. If you want office programs along with email it's $10 per user but you can have 5 or so installs per user.
Mac & Windows | XMF | Fiery | Oris

Designia(o_O)

Quote from: Joe on April 13, 2023, 01:11:13 PMWe used Rackspace where I was at. It was running $2.40 per mont per user. We went with it because it was a lot cheaper that Gmail. You can set it up for your own domain. Each mailbox gets 25 GB of space and also includes being able to use webmail or an email client on your computer. Either or both work fine. Also can be setup on your Android or iPhone.
I saw this one while I was Googling, I'll check this & the Gmail option out. Thanks guys!

RMPrepress

We have used IONOS formerly 1and1 to host our email and Website for the past 10 years or so.
https://www.ionos.com/

I have no complaints for what we rely on them for.  They offer a lot of other services that we have never tried.
Our Domain is hosted by Network Solutions, we have never gotten around to switching it to IONOS because I know what a pain in the ass that process will be.
Manager/Default IT Guy - 2022 Mac Studio, Apple M1 Max, 64 GB - Ventura 13.6
Kodak Prinergy 10.0, Kodak Insite 10.0 and Kodak Proofing System 10.1
Epson SureColor P9000 w/XRite Spectroproofer - G7 Master Printer
Heidelberg Prinect 2022 + Suprasetter 106 CTP