CWS vs. Freeform

Started by DigiCorn, September 09, 2019, 10:35:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

Long story short, we bought another print shop a few weeks or a month or so back and one of the employees hasn't adjusted well. Thursday night he quit at midnight and stole a bunch of shit, including the delivery van. Friday we went over and basically took the van back and recovered what we could. I have to go work in that shop this week to clean up the mess, but they have Freeform which I've never used before. How is it different from CWS?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

jwheeler

FreeForm is a stand-alone software for VDP made by EFI. Command Workstation has this under the VDP tab within the job properties without the fancy interface. You define the static background as a 'master', then send the variable files to marry with the master. This allows it to process much faster at the RIP.

DigiCorn

I see that it is running on a Solaris RIP now
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Possum

Freeform has a free new program called Freeform Create. You can make a master and place the variables all at once. It's almost like a layout program. Might want to check it out.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

pspdfppdfxhd

Ah, Freeform Create........ I am trying to send jobs to our Konica for testing this program.

Problem is, there is no way to connect to the Fiery server. Long story, it's not the point right now. In Freeform Create the final step is to connect to the server but all attempts fail. I've been pulling my hair out about this but it's not my question.

I can connect, through CWS to the printer on my Mac however. Could there be a way to save the job (.ffp file) and upload it to the printer through CWS? I am thinking that it has to "connect" to work but I could be wrong. The job does get to the printer when I drag and drop into CWS but doesn't seem to process properly. Any help appreciated.