News:

Main Menu

Compulink?

Started by boosted29, November 18, 2010, 09:39:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boosted29

So we do a lot of mail merge work here and got a call from one of our regular customers(broker) regarding a newsletter mailout. They used to farm it out to some mail house do the merge and mail it and we would just print.

It is 5000 11"X17" pieces folded down to 8.5"X11". A decent 2/2 job that we want to make even more money off of by doing the merge here in-house. So the brokers customer says that they have the address list in a program called Compulink. I, or our mail-house, have never heard of this software. We asked if they had an excel spreadsheet and they are trying to figure that out now but don't think they have one.

Anyone heard of this or have any suggestions? I already suggested looking for an "export to .xls or .csv" feature in this Compulink crap. I am awaiting an answer on this. I don't wanna hear the suggestion to print out the list and retype in Excel either  :tongue:

Thanks
Quote from: gnubler on October 22, 2010, 12:54:19 PM
It's called "prepress". :laugh:

99% of the population doesn't even know we exist or are aware of the work that goes into printing their crap.