iPod/iPhone back to iMac_music files

Started by frailer, May 08, 2012, 10:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

new compadre here had a HD failure on her personal iMac. Wasn't properly backed up. Has her iTunes stuff on the iPhone. Wants to get these back onto the iMac. There's, I believe, pod2mac... but anyone have a preferred/favourite way to do this?
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Quote from: frailer on May 08, 2012, 10:30:12 PMnew compadre here had a HD failure on her personal iMac. Wasn't properly backed up. Has her iTunes stuff on the iPhone. Wants to get these back onto the iMac. There's, I believe, pod2mac... but anyone have a preferred/favourite way to do this?

I think the "new" preferred way is to put it on the Apple Cloud where it will then sync all of your devices.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Santa

If it's purchased music from itunes then it is already stored in the cloud and she can re-download it for free.  She just logs into her itunes account on the mac and goes to the purchased menu.  All purchased music tied to that itunes/apple id will be available for re-download for free.  Same for apps in the app store.

dledbetter

I used touch copy to transfer a 160 gig ipod to a new computer after mine crashed, it worked great everything transferred cover art videos etc... it is a pay app though.

Grimace

I don't thin you need anything special. Just get the new HD installed, plug in the iPhone, it will ask if you want to use this computer as the sync computer, say yes, done.
You only need a special app if you want to add your iPhone music to someone else's computer.