News:

Main Menu

Leopard and Rampage

Started by kermit, November 12, 2007, 12:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kermit

Work fine for me. Anyone has any issues?
Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses

almaink

I think most of us are sticking with Tiger for now. To many issues with a new OS to upgrade production machines. You never know WTF might happen. Tell ya what, you do the testing for us since you seem so enthralled with this new OS that doesn't seem to offer much IMO for print production anyway.

OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

kermit

Unless you use laptop. I love Spaces...
Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses

almaink

A laptop for print production? I'd rather not go there...
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110

kermit

Quote from: almaink on November 13, 2007, 12:17:26 PMA laptop for print production? I'd rather not go there...
I have a 15" MBP laptop. Sometimes I work from home. Rampage screen redraw is a bit slow using remote access but it is usable. I have 24" Dell monitor that I hook up to my MacBookPro and I have all the space I need.

Stiv

OS 10.5.5, Rampage 10.5

I am getting strange occurrences of boxes jumping out of position. For example, when I change the Vert Scale from 100%, the box moves down and I cannot tab through the settings. Also, I get artifacts(?) when dropping files into the window.

almaink

Just got my brand new iMac with Snow Leopard installed. I should be happy, but I can't get the RAMpage client to connect. Only my Mac servers show up in the Rampage AFP volume tab. I can connect to the Rampage server using connect to server just fine, but can get the client working. Anyone got any ideas?
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110

Stiv

Apparently you are not the only one. I'd call Rampage or Apple.

Are you using EXtremeZ ip or MacLan?

almaink

No longer have Rampage support, bad economy killed that, I don't think Apple will have a clue, and no I don't use either of those windows apps as I'm running windows server 2003. I think I can make SMB my protocol on the windows RSI volume but I don't think you can change the RAMpage client to work on SMB. Not a real big deal as I have two older Macs that can still run the client just a PITFA to jump between Macs...BTW if I install the older version of Leopard will that run the Rampage client?
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110

Stiv

I would think stepping down to Leopard would solve the issue. I have noticed that Snow Leopard is having widespread AFP troubles, there is a lot of activity on the Mac forums regarding this.
Are you on Rampage v10.x as I am? I think v11.2 uses SMB and is set up differently.

almaink

Ya running Rampage Client 10.6b10.app here. I'm gonna call Apple and complain, who knows maybe I'll get a free OS?
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110