News:

Main Menu

Rampage box dead

Started by DigiCorn, August 01, 2011, 08:06:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

Found a used SCSI Ultra 320 hard drive around the corner at a repair shop for $19. Reformatted it, reloaded Windows 2000 Professional, and Rampage and back up and running first thing this a.m. Down about 9 hours total. Most of that time was trying to get drivers loaded one at a time from a floppy, because that's the only way you can do it in Windows 2000 Pro. Pro my ass.

$12-13k for us to go to Rampage 12 - probably not gonna happen soon.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

David

very good!

glad you got it back up and running. 19 bucks is not a bad deal.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Farabomb

You are on a 10+ yr old OS and you are bitching about floppys? That was the why to do it back then.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

gnubler

I miss Windows ME (Millenium Edition).
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

G_Town

Farabomb

I missed Win ME once. Shot a little high and to the right. Fixed that on the next shot.

Win 3.11wg connecting to a Novell network. Oh what fun. 

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

you guys are old....   very old...       :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

I still have Windows 2.0 on 5.25" disks. I'll sell it as a collectors item for $38,000.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

I'll give you 40,000, and not a penny more...
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: david on August 02, 2011, 01:14:22 PMI'll give you 40,000, and not a penny more...

Ummmm...SOLD!!! PM me your credit card info. :laugh:

Disclaimer: (I won't be responsible for them melting in the Texas Heat)
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

Quote from: david on August 02, 2011, 01:12:38 PMyou guys are old....   very old...       :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Believe it or not I'm really not that old.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

Quote from: Farabomb on August 02, 2011, 12:55:25 PMI missed Win ME once. Shot a little high and to the right. Fixed that on the next shot.

Win 3.11wg connecting to a Novell network. Oh what fun.
Came into a company once that was doing that. Got them to upgrade to Windows 95 and buy a Mac, only the Mac wasn't networked. We got our email through AOL dial-up.

That shop had a Docuprint K only digital press. I used to have to send the file to a RIP in .ps form, then walk into the next room and manually RIP it. Then send the released file into the Docuprint. The copy guy had a touch screen where he could edit files without having to be fixed and resent on my end. I thought that was the shit.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

Quote from: Farabomb on August 02, 2011, 01:32:56 PM
Quote from: david on August 02, 2011, 01:12:38 PMyou guys are old....   very old...       :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Believe it or not I'm really not that old.

Liar!  :old:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

David

see!
Even gnub thinks you're old!

liars!

:old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old: :old:
Livin' la Vida Loca

Farabomb

My body may be falling apart but I blame that on skateboarding.

I also am the grumpy guy on the front porch though. True story, I was looking to get pepper balls for my paintball gun. For some reason the GF had it in her head that I was going to use them to shoot the neighbors. They were for animal deterrent, not the 2 legged ones.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job