Anyone running an Epson 7900 ???

Started by impodave, February 27, 2010, 11:07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

impodave

Is anyone running an Epson 7900 ??  Is it true that color management is an onboard feature, or does one still need to run separate management software ??  We were burglarized two weeks ago, and the most expensive item taken was the EFI 2.6 software ... So we need to replace that anyway, and we're looking at replacing the printer while we're at it .... comments, anyone ???
<<<<<< Here's my Grandkids once again -- they're growing up way too fast !!    Fuji XMF V6.8.2 Complete, Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite, Epson 7900/EFI XF V4.0, Fuji Dart 4300E, Komori L528 5 color, Komori L429P 4 color,  Heidelberg PM46 2 color, Ricoh, Kyocera, Xante Impressia and a shop full of finishing stuff ...

Joe

I don't have a 7900 but I've always been suspicious of printer manufacturers claims for color management. Plus the way they RIP and print is less than optimal when compared to the standalone RIP like EFI, GMG, Black Magic, etc...so, I'm sure you can do it without the standalone RIP but in my opinion not as well. But having said that, I don't know for sure about the 7900.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.