TIFF Viewer Recommendations...

Started by impodave, March 15, 2011, 04:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

impodave

We are running a Trueflow Tiff Controller V3.12 driving a Fuji Dart 4300E.  Though there was a real lousy viewer added during the initial install, there doesn't appear to be a TIFF Viewer available as part of the TIFF Controller package.  Anyone have any suggestions on a viewer program that I could use with this software ?
<<<<<< Here's my Grandkids once again -- they're growing up way too fast !!    Fuji XMF V6.8.2 Complete, Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite, Epson 7900/EFI XF V4.0, Fuji Dart 4300E, Komori L528 5 color, Komori L429P 4 color,  Heidelberg PM46 2 color, Ricoh, Kyocera, Xante Impressia and a shop full of finishing stuff ...

mattbeals

Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

Joe

Or Photoshop if you have a copy handy but GIMP is free.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

I assume this isn't a Mac, but Preview can view TIFFs.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

I'm not sure Preview can view 1-bit tiffs.

gnubler

Why not? Just a bitmapped TIFF, right? I guess I'll blame Apple for that.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Well you know what? I just tried it and it opens it for our smaller plate size (1.6 mb) but not for the larger plate size (100 mb). The 100 mb file locks Preview up pretty good. It took about 5 minutes before I could even get it to force quit.

Adriano

I am not sure about 1-bit tiff but Irfanview can read pretty much everything. Have a look, is free

http://www.irfanview.com/

:hot:
Still not drinking. Never been better

frailer

If you are on a PC, that is a great little app...   :way2go:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

gnubler

Quote from: Joe on March 15, 2011, 10:12:35 PMWell you know what? I just tried it and it opens it for our smaller plate size (1.6 mb) but not for the larger plate size (100 mb). The 100 mb file locks Preview up pretty good. It took about 5 minutes before I could even get it to force quit.

After you mentioned it I figured that might be an issue. I know it's great for checking out customers' JPEGs.  :sarcasm:

frailer

Quote from: Joe on March 15, 2011, 10:12:35 PMWell you know what? I just tried it and it opens it for our smaller plate size (1.6 mb) but not for the larger plate size (100 mb). The 100 mb file locks Preview up pretty good. It took about 5 minutes before I could even get it to force quit.

Man you are cruel. Running poor little Preview into the ground like that.  Like an overloaded burro.  Gnubler will understand that, where she's from.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

frailer

Quote from: gnubler on March 15, 2011, 11:09:51 PM

After you mentioned it I figured that might be an issue. I know it's great for checking out customers' JPEGs.  :sarcasm:

Thing I like about Preview lately is maximising screenshot quality for posting here. Either PNG or PDF to JPEG. Move slider up until it nudges just under 256 kb. Save...really quick. I guess it's meant for that sort of stuff.

Joe

Quote from: frailer on March 15, 2011, 11:37:42 PM

Man you are cruel. Running poor little Preview into the ground like that.  Like an overloaded burro.  Gnubler will understand that, where she's from.

It's the only way I know to separate the workhorses from the lightweights. :tongue:

gnubler

:laugh: Preview rocks!

I actually use it now and again to resave vector EPS files that my version of Illy can't open. It'll save an EPS in some lily format that CS1 can't open and then there is peace on earth once again.

frailer

So is Preview behind that 'tap on space bar to preview PDF'?