Security Envelope

Started by Tracy, October 13, 2011, 11:12:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: G_Town on October 20, 2011, 10:53:31 AM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on October 19, 2011, 09:32:06 PM
Quote from: Sabrina The Turd Polisher on October 19, 2011, 07:49:04 PM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on October 19, 2011, 02:25:43 PMI'm actually cutting a press blanket right now. It's a wonder why I would be confused, no?  :yuck2:
What kind of coating? Regular ole varnish? UV?

UV this time.

What are you cutting it with?

Got me a Graphtec Cutting Pro FC2250-120. Bought it out of Cali for pennies on what I expected to pay for a table-unit. I love it. Makes that old POS Gerber Sector look like it's standing still. It used to take me at least 30 minutes PER blanket for set-up and trim/peel time. Now, I can do the same thing in under 5. Highly recommended.
Member #285 - Civilian

G_Town

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on October 20, 2011, 11:00:38 AM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on October 19, 2011, 02:25:43 PMI'm actually cutting a press blanket right now. It's a wonder why I would be confused, no?  :yuck2:

UV this time.

Got me a Graphtec Cutting Pro FC2250-120. Bought it out of Cali for pennies on what I expected to pay for a table-unit. I love it. Makes that old POS Gerber Sector look like it's standing still. It used to take me at least 30 minutes PER blanket for set-up and trim/peel time. Now, I can do the same thing in under 5. Highly recommended.

We are rocking a Kongsberg XL-20 and I can cut that blanket in 3 minutes.

Actually I'm learning Artios on the side here at work setting up Die/blankers and Vinyls and Blanket files, digging it.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: G_Town on October 20, 2011, 01:20:36 PM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on October 20, 2011, 11:00:38 AM

UV this time.

We are rocking a Kongsberg XL-20 and I can cut that blanket in 3 minutes.

Actually I'm learning Artios on the side here at work setting up Die/blankers and Vinyls and Blanket files, digging it.

My machine cuts it in about 1-2 minutes. Set-up/peel time takes the addition 3. We paid 24K for ours.
Member #285 - Civilian

David

fake flexo plates, easy to do...   bunch of babies...
Make a real flexo plate, we do ours in about 2 hours.     :whip:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

t-pat

our pressmen cut their own coating blankets, with regular, non-peelable blankets and a razor blade. it's kinda funny. Not just simple knockouts either, shapes with compound curves.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

David

back when men were men, and all the sheep knew it.
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: t-pat on October 20, 2011, 01:46:23 PMour pressmen cut their own coating blankets, with regular, non-peelable blankets and a razor blade. it's kinda funny. Not just simple knockouts either, shapes with compound curves.

Yeah, our Pressmen used to do that, too, until they bitched. Now I get to do them all. I had a blanket about a month ago, took me 3 hours to peel it. No Pressmen, Prepress guy or even professional artist could have cut this monstrosity.
Member #285 - Civilian

t-pat

nobody listens to bitching around here, from anyone. Very little gets improved, we just buy more digital presses. Eventually there will be no bitching , except about the click charges.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: t-pat on October 20, 2011, 02:00:00 PMnobody listens to bitching around here, from anyone. Very little gets improved, we just buy more digital presses. Eventually there will be no bitching , except about the click charges.

We have the Good Ole' Boy network here. If you are a part of it? An act of God couldn't get you shit-canned and the heavens move when you fart. Head Pressmen is part of that group. I am not.
Member #285 - Civilian

G_Town

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on October 20, 2011, 02:22:33 PM
Quote from: t-pat on October 20, 2011, 02:00:00 PMnobody listens to bitching around here, from anyone. Very little gets improved, we just buy more digital presses. Eventually there will be no bitching , except about the click charges.

We have the Good Ole' Boy network here. If you are a part of it? An act of God couldn't get you shit-canned and the heavens move when you fart. Head Pressmen is part of that group. I am not.

Oh yea, pressman NEVER get written up...to afraid to lose the  guy that fucks up every other job :wtf:

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: G_Town on October 20, 2011, 05:00:02 PM

Oh yea, pressman NEVER get written up...to afraid to lose the  guy that fucks up every other job :wtf:

Pretty much sums it up here.
Member #285 - Civilian

gnubler

The best part is how ownership continues to buy equipment without getting any sort of prior input from prepress or production. Like they can just buy whatever they want and expect it to work perfectly because the salesman said so.

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

David

we get that here too.
"Why can't we do that, the guy said it would do that?"

cause he's a dumb ass, maybe?
Livin' la Vida Loca

Farabomb

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on October 20, 2011, 05:03:14 PM
Quote from: G_Town on October 20, 2011, 05:00:02 PM

Pretty much sums it up here.

That was the rule at the old shop. The worse you did the better the boss liked you for some reason. Had a new pressman on nights. He ran a blanket bar through the new press and took out 2 cylinders. Everyone said he'd be the new VP within a month.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: gnubler on October 20, 2011, 07:38:47 PM

The best part is how ownership continues to buy equipment without getting any sort of prior input from prepress or production. Like they can just buy whatever they want and expect it to work perfectly because the salesman said so.

This one right here, makes my head hurt. I have NEVER understood this.
Member #285 - Civilian