Forum > Macintosh

New home Mac

<< < (2/6) > >>

Skryber:
It wasn't so bad for me to pay it off quick. I've been using it to earn extra money with freelance jobs. Plus, I can depreciate it $500 off my taxes for last year and the next 4 years. That is if you're going to use it for "home office" work.

Skryber:
Just today, I installed Big Sur on the work Mac. I like it so far. I'm going to install it at home later tonight.

Possum:
My work Mac died so I'm trying to get used to Windows that's a few years old. The company they insist on buying through says they can't get a new box very fast with a graphics card because there's a shortage. So no new computer. Lots of old files lost too. Fun all over the place.  :shoots_self:

Joe:

--- Quote from: Possum on March 17, 2021, 07:37:53 PM ---My work Mac died so I'm trying to get used to Windows that's a few years old. The company they insist on buying through says they can't get a new box very fast with a graphics card because there's a shortage. So no new computer. Lots of old files lost too. Fun all over the place.  :shoots_self:

--- End quote ---

Obviously they aren't buying from Apple. They will overnight you one. No shortage for parts with Apple. :rotf:

The above workplace behavior, never updating hardware or applying security updates, are the companies you read about that hackers have encrypted all of their data and demanding a ransom to get it back. My plant manager is always saying never update your computers every time we are updating something. I just reply by asking him if has read about the latest sensational hacking like with SolarWinds or Microsoft Exchange? Those hacked companies are the ones that never does updates to their SolarWinds or Microsoft Exchange installs.

Skryber:
I have a plan for a memory upgrade. Going to Vegas Sunday, we'll see how big I can go. Or not at all  :lmao:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version