Workflow Labels/Descriptions not updating in GUI (XMF)

Started by bornrd, July 01, 2021, 07:19:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bornrd

As you can see in the attached screencap, when i try to organize my Workflows by renaming them, my input Text does not show up in the GUI. Am I missing something? What's the use of Workflow descriptions if not this?

German:

Beschreibung = Description
Workflow Beschreibung ändern = change Worflow description
macOS Catalina 10.15.7/Windows 10 - Adobe CC - Fuji XMF 6.13 - Luxel T9000 CTP E - KBA Rapida 105 universal - Heidelberg GTO - Heidelberg Windmill - Heidelberg Cylinder - Heidelberg Speedmaster 52 - Schelter & Giesecke PHOENIX A - Rockstroh VICTORIA - Lenpoligrafmash NEOTYPE N-7F - Konica Minolta C3080 - HP DesignJet ZP6810 - Epson Stylus Pro 4900 - Heidelberg Stahlfolder - Müller-Martini APOLLO - Müller-Martini PRESTO II - PERFECTA Cutting System

I have no idea what the f*ck I'm doing in prepress but here we are

www.ruegen-druck.de | @ruegendruck

––––––––––––––––––––––
They will chop you down just to count your rings

Joe

Is it possible you have to restart the software to see the changes?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

bornrd

Just tried restarting my client, to no avail.

However, we have an instance of XMF constantly running on a separate PC in the Plate Room. I do not want to restart that, since I am alone right now and don't want to anger the IT gods.

Will report back tomorrow if it worked after restarting all active clients.
macOS Catalina 10.15.7/Windows 10 - Adobe CC - Fuji XMF 6.13 - Luxel T9000 CTP E - KBA Rapida 105 universal - Heidelberg GTO - Heidelberg Windmill - Heidelberg Cylinder - Heidelberg Speedmaster 52 - Schelter & Giesecke PHOENIX A - Rockstroh VICTORIA - Lenpoligrafmash NEOTYPE N-7F - Konica Minolta C3080 - HP DesignJet ZP6810 - Epson Stylus Pro 4900 - Heidelberg Stahlfolder - Müller-Martini APOLLO - Müller-Martini PRESTO II - PERFECTA Cutting System

––––––––––––––––––––––

bornrd

OKay so, i got around to it and i do now realize what changing the Workflow description does for me.

It changes a tiny label inside the Node space. I do want to change the Workflow Label (Like on the "Tab" where it still says "Workflow 3".
Why can i change Everything's Names but not the one i need to change the most? :gom:

––––––––––––––––––––––

Joe

Because software developers think they know what you want more than you do? :rotf:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

see how you have the workflow 3 highlighted in blue
I think you can change the name while it's highlighted

bornrd

I can not put into words how stupid we feel right now :rotf:

We had a good laugh there. Works just fine. Thank you! (Maybe it's the 6.11.1 beta now working?)

––––––––––––––––––––––

Tracy

bornrd

That's exactly what my "mentor" said  :cane: ( I'm an apprentice kinda thing btw)

He's been using XMF since like forever. He never got the notion  :rotf:

––––––––––––––––––––––

Tracy