MAC Studio Display Speakers

Started by Tracy, January 16, 2023, 09:37:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

The Studio Display Speakers would work for about 2 seconds and then nothing
I found info that said if you unplug the power cord for about 10 seconds and reconnect the power it will work.
An OS update might fix the issue in the future.
This solution did work

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

I tested it out with this song, Sounds Great!!!!!
various Artis singing one of my favorite Otis Redding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ca5QoXSe18

DigiCorn

In my garage bar, I ran a digital optical cable off the back of the sound card to a Pioneer 5.1 amp, which is connected to 4 8" speakers and an Infinity subwoofer. Seems to do the trick.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Tracy

Yeah I'm going to do that too!  ;D

the studio display speakers are really good, just lately been using the speakers more.

The Studio Display instead sports six speakers, consisting of four force-canceling woofers and two tweeters. Paired with the A13 Bionic chip, as seen in the iPhone 13, it should be able to deliver convincing spatial sound from sources that support the format, such as a Netflix Dolby Atmos stream