News:

Main Menu

Neo - Any Takers?

Started by Slappy, September 17, 2007, 03:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

born2print

:laugh:
...when all else fails!
Seriously though, I advise a little reading to anyone getting started (like me) with this particular software. It's very deep and you'll miss too many important features if you just click-n-dick around.
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

EmptyWords

Quote from: Joe on August 12, 2008, 07:17:31 PMYes, I have the Esko-Artwork version of Neo but how is it different? They are both made by Enfocus I believe.

Actually, from my understanding Neo was developed by the Artworks team, now whether it's still in the hands of them (Artworks) or has now shifted to the Esko or Enfocus teams, I really don't know, but who ever is now developing Neo gets major kudos from me, in my opinion, it's now ready for primetime, before, it was so quirky that most of us here hardly ever used it. Now I have to say that will change, they are really making this a excellent piece of software.
Esko Automation Engine  •  Imaging Engine  •  Nexus  •  Odystar  •  Neo  •  ArtPro  •  ArtPro+ Layout
Esko ArtPro+ Advanced  •  ArtPro+ Essentials  •  Esko PowerStepper/PowerLayout  •  Kodak Preps 8
Hyphen ImpoProof 8400S  •  CGS Oris ColorTuner // Web  •  Epson Stylus Pro 7900  •  Apogee Prepress
Agfa/Screen Avalon  •  Xerox iGen  •  Versant 180  •  Iridesse  •  Mark Andy  •  Heidelberg  •  Kirk-Rudy

PrepressN00b

Quote from: EmptyWords on August 14, 2008, 08:44:10 AM
Quote from: Joe on August 12, 2008, 07:17:31 PMYes, I have the Esko-Artwork version of Neo but how is it different? They are both made by Enfocus I believe.

Actually, from my understanding Neo was developed by the Artworks team, now whether it's still in the hands of them (Artworks) or has now shifted to the Esko or Enfocus teams, I really don't know, but who ever is now developing Neo gets major kudos from me, in my opinion, it's now ready for primetime, before, it was so quirky that most of us here hardly ever used it. Now I have to say that will change, they are really making this a excellent piece of software.

Both versions are made by EskoArtwork (the former AWS side which owns Enfocus)
Versions are the same with 2 exceptions.
1. Enfocus version is serial protected, eskoArtwork version is dongle or network dongle
2. Enfocus version usually is about a version behind for a month or two

Also, as of Neo 2.0 you can now create/edit/import/export & run pitstop profiles & action list within Neo.

just a little info, hope it helps
Peter Kincaid
Hybrid Software

Laurens

I've linked from my 'Editing PDF files' page to this thread. New stuff or impressions about Neo? Keep it coming!
Having fun writing about prepress & printing for my Prepressure site

G_Town

Just saw a demo of it and pack tools I think it was called. Not bad but stay away from my Artpro :angry:

pmhapp

Enfocus Introduces PitStop Extreme... http://members.whattheythink.com/news/newslink.cfm?id=34228

Is this Neo re-packaged, or a new product?

Joe

Quote from: pmhapp on October 22, 2008, 12:31:05 PMEnfocus Introduces PitStop Extreme... http://members.whattheythink.com/news/newslink.cfm?id=34228

Interesting:

QuotePitStop Extreme is based on the same product architecture as parent company EskoArtwork's Neo, a mature and proven platform. Neo is specifically designed to fit within an EskoArtwork workflow framework with additional features required in those environments and is sold and supported directly by EskoArtwork, PitStop Extreme is a standalone application that will be sold through the Enfocus distribution channel and is designed specifically to support those markets.

Pricing

PitStop Extreme will be sold through an extensive distribution network and directly from the Enfocus website (www.enfocus.com).

PitStop Extreme will be priced at $3,499. Included in the license for PitStop Extreme is a free license to use PitStop Professional on the same system. Alternatively PitStop Professional 08 users can buy a crossgrade license priced at $2,799 USD, to use PitStop Extreme on the same system. This set up offers the users full flexibility in choice of editing options.

PitStop Extreme will become available on Mac OS X (10.4 or 10.5) or Microsoft Windows (Windows XP and Vista).
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

Just came from a Neo demo about a week and a half ago, very impressive, for about 6 grand a seat (unless you work a deal).

From reading the blurb on Extreme, it looks/sounds to do most of the stuff Neo does, at a slightly lower price (3,499 USD).
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: david on October 22, 2008, 02:48:56 PMJust came from a Neo demo about a week and a half ago, very impressive, for about 6 grand a seat (unless you work a deal).

From reading the blurb on Extreme, it looks/sounds to do most of the stuff Neo does, at a slightly lower price (3,499 USD).

My guess is that they've removed the Nexus specific stuff like the Shuttle. And for that price I'd also guess it's the non-trapping version. Still pricey but a little cheaper than the non-trapping version of NEO. If a person does a lot of text edits that require reflowing the text this is THE tool for you.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pmhapp

Quote from: Joe on October 22, 2008, 12:46:04 PM
Quote from: pmhapp on October 22, 2008, 12:31:05 PMEnfocus Introduces PitStop Extreme... http://members.whattheythink.com/news/newslink.cfm?id=34228

Interesting:

QuotePitStop Extreme is based on the same product architecture as parent company EskoArtwork's Neo, a mature and proven platform. Neo is specifically designed to fit within an EskoArtwork workflow framework with additional features required in those environments and is sold and supported directly by EskoArtwork, PitStop Extreme is a standalone application that will be sold through the Enfocus distribution channel and is designed specifically to support those markets.

Pricing

PitStop Extreme will be sold through an extensive distribution network and directly from the Enfocus website (www.enfocus.com).

PitStop Extreme will be priced at $3,499. Included in the license for PitStop Extreme is a free license to use PitStop Professional on the same system. Alternatively PitStop Professional 08 users can buy a crossgrade license priced at $2,799 USD, to use PitStop Extreme on the same system. This set up offers the users full flexibility in choice of editing options.

PitStop Extreme will become available on Mac OS X (10.4 or 10.5) or Microsoft Windows (Windows XP and Vista).

Obviously, I didn't bother reading the article.   ;-)

David

Quote from: pmhapp on October 23, 2008, 07:39:08 AMObviously, I didn't bother reading the article.   ;-)

I didn't either, I have people that do that for me....

not really, I just scan the article for all the nasty bits...

wait, there are no nasty bits,

were there pictures?....

nope, damn, I just read that article for no good reason...

now I have to delete something else from my brain.

oh well, say lá vee  (in my best french voice)
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca