Revamped website

Started by EyeTech, November 12, 2008, 10:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EyeTech

Opinions welcome - good or bad, before we launch our new site.

link
'I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out'" Bill Hicks

Self-indulgent Flickr page

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: EyeTech on November 12, 2008, 10:44:30 AMOpinions welcome - good or bad, before we launch our new site.

link

Not bad at all Bro. I had to squint a little at the verbage under the photos, but I have been having to squint a lot more lately... maybe someone who has 20/20 vision can clarify. It loads fast, quick transition, informative... cool man, cool. Good job.
Member #285 - Civilian

David

overall very nice, easy on the eyes and easy to read.
to the point without a lot of distracting crap.
one note, the blue copy is hard to read against the dark gray background, but other than that, very nice.

okay, why no star burst or glows, or the use of comic sans?
LOL
couldn't help myself.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

Very nice, looks sharp...except you're going to have web purists like me ask why it was built with tables instead of divs & CSS. Good work.

I have to agree with the small type - and I have perfect vision. I had to bump it up a level to read it comfortably.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

gnubler

Quote from: david on November 12, 2008, 11:10:05 AMoverall very nice, easy on the eyes and easy to read.
to the point without a lot of distracting crap.
one note, the blue copy is hard to read against the dark gray background, but other than that, very nice.

okay, why no star burst or glows, or the use of comic sans?
LOL
couldn't help myself.

Oh yeah - just put reflections on all your graphics and make all the solid color areas into gradients. Then it will be PERFECT!
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

tapdn

From a casual observer and deff not a web design type- I liked it. Good job.
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

EyeTech

Ok I hear what you say about the small type - we'll fix that. Comic Sans, damn, I knew we needed that in there somewhere.  :laugh:

Chris (our resident graphic desinger*) is just getting to grips with DW (it's only his second site) so I think he'll sharpen up as he learns more.

And the feedback from you guys will really help us get it as right as we can.

*At least that's what we employed him for initially, but don't worry we've dragged him kicking and screaming into the prepress fold,
he's now capable of imposition (manual), creating artwork that we can actually print as well as outputting plates from the CTP.
'I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out'" Bill Hicks

Joe

Looks good. Loads fast. Rick Astley playing in the background would have made it perfect. :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigitalCrapShoveler

BTW, Happy Birfday Eye... I know I said it at the other place... but wanted to extend my congratulations here as well! :wink: :cool:
Member #285 - Civilian

Laurens

Looks nice but the site seems to completely disregard SEO. Don't you want to be found on the web?
Having fun writing about prepress & printing for my Prepressure site

DCurry

Very nice - clean and simple (that's how I like my ladies!) I like the color scheme.

I agree that the blue type is hard to read against the gray background, though for me it is only a problem with the gray under the pictures. The gray at the top of the page is dark enough to provide enough contrast with the blue.

One suggestion - if I try to bookmark the page, it is listed in my bookmarks as "Web". If I recall my DW correctly (it has been a while) I believe this is easily changed in the Page Properties. You'll want to fix it for each page so that the browser window says "Eyetech Graphics" or whatever you want -- just something more descriptive than "Web".

Also, I would make the word "Home" (at the top left nav bar) a link to the home page. Currently I have to click on the icon to get there, but every other word up there is a link.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Slappy

Grammar Nazi checking in:

On the Testimonials Page, the "tab graphic" with the fountain pen image has "Comments" missing a letter.

And maybe it's just me, but all of the Product listings at the bottom, would be nice if they linked to sample images. Maybe in a new Viewer window of some kind?

Nice looking site though!  :cool:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

gnubler

Quote from: Joe on November 12, 2008, 12:26:06 PMLooks good. Loads fast. Rick Astley playing in the background would have made it perfect. :laugh:

You are truly a sick man, and my favorite forum admin EVER.

EyeTech

Thanks for all your comments guys (esp. to Slappy for pointing out the typo).

Site will be up soon...

cheers

beermonster

Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world