Signa station schemes

Started by prepressure, October 09, 2009, 02:58:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prepressure

i've just purchased signa station 4.5.10,
but i found very hard to understand  schemes,
its very complicated and its not like in preps where you have full controll over schemes,
You only have controls over columns and rows,and i dont where to change the size of schemes
and for what format...
Anyone who knows how to create schemes in signa post a comment!
For example creating scheme for 74pages magazine in sepparate signatures

frailer

Sorry can't help you with Signa; but your forum nick must be pretty on the money.   :shocked:    I just hope whoever runs your show is giving you time to get up to speed on all this stuff.

There'll be someone along soon who's used it, I'm sure.

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

WharfRat

Just build you scheme the way you want a single signature set up.
That's it.
The imposition, binding style, number of pages, gutters, plate size and sheet size (and all that) is done when building the job.
You will find it is waaaay easier than Preps.

MSD

Marktonk

prepressure,

Do you go by the alias trimmer on another forum? Someone is asking the same question. Who did you buy Signa from? Was it Heidelberg?  Did they not offer you training? With  some brief training, you will find that Signa is one of the most powerful yet easy imposition systems on the market. Hopefully you can get some training.

Regards,

Mark
Mark Tonkovich
Heidelberg USA

dudi

why don't you stick to preps and save the hustle. Kodak released a new preps that makes your life easier.

frailer

I think prepressure's stuck with what he's got, like most of us.

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Farabomb

Quote from: dudi on October 11, 2009, 02:40:28 AMwhy don't you stick to preps and save the hustle. Kodak released a new preps that makes your life easier.

I've been using Preps my whole time in prepress. The new preps scares me.  :shocked:
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

frailer

Quote from: Farabomb on October 12, 2009, 11:40:12 AM
Quote from: dudi on October 11, 2009, 02:40:28 AMwhy don't you stick to preps and save the hustle. Kodak released a new preps that makes your life easier.

I've been using Preps my whole time in prepress. The new preps scares me.  :shocked:

Tapdn has "come to terms" with it, I think. He is offering therapy on this, so I hear...or did I make that up.   :undecided:  Have you watched the intro movies he posted? It's not all bad, I think. They still leave the main comfort zones in there.

Preps movies

tapdn

Going live with Preps 6 on a real job tomorrow. Have output several test and one inhouse sheetfed form. It really look far more intimidating than it is once you get past the basic steps (add your media- plate sizes, stock- press sheet size and pages and generate press runs).  The movies helped me a lot.
I'm even learning to live without rules and guides  :rolleyes: :grin:

I would like to get my hands on a trial version of Prinect Signa Station. Contacted Heidelburg, waiting on reply. Is it very expensive?
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

Joe

I've been doing the tutes and movies too. It still appears more like Dynastrip than Preps to me. :cry: But we shall overcome.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

tapdn

The bean counters have ask me to look into alternatives to Preps, Joe. I don't like that idea, but... is Dynastrip standalone or part of rip/ workflow? Reference to edit above is Prinect Signa Station less expensive than Preps Pro?
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

Joe

Dynastrip is stand alone. It's also built into Esko-Artworks Odystar as their imposition app of choice (as an option). (Or at least was back when I tried Odystar). Frailer can tell you more about it as my views are jaded on it. :wink:

You might want to ask MarkTonk about Prinect Signa Station. I'd be willing to bet he will send you a demo of it.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

I've become a Dyna agnostic since not going with further updates. It's a powerful impo app., with some "non-intuitive" aspects to its GUI. (Ask Joe.. ).  Before you look seriously at it, I would be examining its credentials on the Adobe-compliance front. They have been called into question in recent times; but they may have caught up. It's just gone to v6; which I have not seen.
I've heard extreme view on Signa, both good and bad. But that seems to be the lot of all impo apps...
As Joe says, Mark will oblige, am sure.

WharfRat

I have been on Preps for 8 years and Signa for 6 years
(along with some other cheezy "professional" impo  softwares)
I would be interested in hearing what is the "bad" you have heard about Signa.

MSD

frailer

It was a broad statement. As far as I recall it was on printplanet forums, and some time back. Not about to go searching for it.If you want me to retract the statement, I shall, whatever you want.
All I was saying is that I've been exposed to, and can use, 2 apps 1st hand, and have read widely varying opinions on most of the others. I've now been exposed to training on the impo shipping inside Fujifilm XMF; once again, plenty of "holes", like all of them. I think it's the nature of the beast. Plus different people both love or hate the same "features".
Please post here on Signa, wharfrat, preferably with screensots. I'm curious now that you're defending it so readily. It might just be the one for me!   (insert happy laugh cos me emoticons have been hit with a dose of curare...then insert sad face for that, too).