Miniaturize Your Photos by Simulating Tilt-shift photography

Started by Nick Burns, November 19, 2009, 06:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Burns

Oh by the way, YOU'RE WELCOME!

Skryber

Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

frailer

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Skryber

Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Nick Burns on November 19, 2009, 06:51:25 PMMake Your Photos Look Like Mini Models in Photoshop

TILT SHIFT PHOTOSHOP TUTORIAL: HOW TO MAKE FAKE MINIATURE SCENES

Nick Harmer's Tilt-Shift Photoshop Tutorial

Here's my first attempt using a beach shot of one of the places I've stayed in Jamaica. Let's see yours.

http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu136/allanster/b4print/DSC01056ts.jpg
Re: Miniaturize Your Photos by Simulating Tilt-shift photography
Re: Miniaturize Your Photos by Simulating Tilt-shift photography

That's bad ass Nick. I see what you were saying yesterday. Interesting effect and it does indeed look miniaturized.
Member #285 - Civilian

David

yeah, blurry, but it's miniature...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

ratintrap

So this is supposed to simulate the shallow depth of field you would have when photographing a miniature?

Not sure I get it. :undecided:

DigitalCrapShoveler

No Rat, that is an actual beach shot Nick took in Jamaica. The effect is making seemingly normal images APPEAR in miniature. I'm gonna do one here in a little while after I watch the tutorial... I'm freakin' buried till noon at least.
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

I think you have to be an artist to see this. I'm not. Like G_Town, it just looks blurry around the edges to me. :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

tapdn

maybe if it were miniature...  :undecided:

comforting in a way to know I'm not the only one who don't get it. :rolleyes:
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

ratintrap

Using a tilt and shift lens would cause the blurring, it's used for artistic effect. The miniature thing still has me buffaloed. It just looks like a shot that was taken from far away with blurring added. :undecided:

born2print

Weird, the effect works on me... think about something like "Thunderbirds" and see if that helps?
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

tapdn

usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

born2print

:undecided:

I guess that couldn't hurt either, right Chelle?
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said