Recent

Author Topic: Web Hosting  (Read 11168 times)

Offline gnubler

• Ninja Warlord
  • Amerkin
Re: Web Hosting
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2012, 04:47:01 PM »
Prolly has a QR code tat on his teabag.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Offline DigitalCrapShoveler

• Mighty Joe's Son
  • Supreme Ninja
  • Let me know if you're a size 14.
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2012, 04:47:31 PM »

:laugh:
Bates  •  Vorhees  •  Meyers  •  Krueger  •  Hobbs  •  Lecter  •  Dollarhyde  •  Bateman  •  Gumb  •  Doe  •  Morgan •  Todd •  Kevin •  DCS •  Kasem

"Does it really matter? There's shit in the meat and we're all pink inside. Live a little..." The Gnub

"I look forward to the sweet release of death..." Dave, on behalf of all Prepress

Member #285 • OG PH8 • Award-Winning • Population Control Enthusiast • Master of Freehand Jobs • Hater of All • Prodigy of Addition & Subtraction

Offline david

• WTF?
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme Ninja
  • arrrrrrrggg....
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2012, 04:47:44 PM »
 :lmao:
Prepress guy - doin' jobs one at a time
www.texasgraphics.com

Offline boosted29

• Young and Dumb
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2012, 05:03:17 PM »

QR Redirect to www.godaddy.com
It's called "prepress". :laugh:

99% of the population doesn't even know we exist or are aware of the work that goes into printing their crap.

Offline gnubler

• Ninja Warlord
  • Amerkin
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2012, 05:40:40 PM »
More like a 404 error

"Page not found" :laugh:

Brain not found.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Offline DigiCorn

• Terrorizing humans since 1971
  • Supreme Ninja
  • There is no Dana, only Zul!
    • Clerks.
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2012, 05:46:23 PM »

More like a 404 error

"Page not found" :laugh:

Brain not found.
"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway

Offline StrutzinInc

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2012, 03:08:16 PM »
I primarily use Godaddy, but that's basically because it came with the domain name and I've been too lazy to switch. How difficult is it to switch hosting and how much cheaper is it?

Also what are the benefits to switching? I know as a techie I should know these things, but web hosting isn't an area that I'm overly familiar with.

Any help would be appreciated!

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2012, 01:03:00 AM »

I primarily use Godaddy, but that's basically because it came with the domain name and I've been too lazy to switch. How difficult is it to switch hosting and how much cheaper is it?

Also what are the benefits to switching? I know as a techie I should know these things, but web hosting isn't an area that I'm overly familiar with.

Any help would be appreciated!

If you start getting some traffic to your site GoDaddy will throttle it back or suspend it without warning.

If I remember the pricing, GoDaddy was $4.95 a month when I used it and Hostgator was $2.96 a month when I started there. And GoDaddy uses some proprietary piece of crap hosting panel while Hostgator uses the industry standard CPanel. YMMV...
Mac OS 11.4 Big Sur | Prinergy 9.0.1 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2021 | TWO Fuji CTP Units

I'm Sorry I Hurt Your Feelings When I Said You Were Stupid. I Honestly Thought You Already Knew

Offline gnubler

• Ninja Warlord
  • Amerkin
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2012, 03:30:03 PM »
Ditto. I have recommended HostGator to several people in recent months.

If you get a customer that "helps you" by purchasing a hosting account with GoDaddy, fire them.

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2012, 04:02:57 PM »
Or at least charge extra! (quadruple would be the place to start) :laugh:
Mac OS 11.4 Big Sur | Prinergy 9.0.1 | Adobe Creative Cloud 2021 | TWO Fuji CTP Units

I'm Sorry I Hurt Your Feelings When I Said You Were Stupid. I Honestly Thought You Already Knew

Offline gnubler

• Ninja Warlord
  • Amerkin
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2012, 04:18:46 PM »
Joe already knows about my ex-customer who "helped" me by purchasing some EZ Web Deziner by Broderbund so he would be able to update the site himself. I told him he couldn't have possibly made things more difficult for both of us and I built his site using WordPress.  :laugh:

Offline Joe

• Master of Nothing
  • Administrator
  • Ninja Warlord
    • B4Print.com
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2012, 04:23:52 PM »
I was asked to re-do a site that was originally done with this: http://www.serif.com/webplus/

I got it done but it was like trying to skin a skunk alive without getting all stinky.

Offline gnubler

• Ninja Warlord
  • Amerkin
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2012, 04:27:16 PM »
I'm afraid to click but I'm sure it's as stellar as this program from my customer. Initially I actually installed it on one of our PCs to assure myself it was shit. It generated such a bunch of garbage I just laughed.

Offline david

• WTF?
  • Global Moderator
  • Supreme Ninja
  • arrrrrrrggg....
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2012, 04:40:37 PM »

I was asked to re-do a site that was originally done with this: http://www.serif.com/webplus/

I got it done but it was like trying to skin a skunk alive without getting all stinky.

here, this says it all, got it from Joe's link:
Your visitors will never know if you’re a total beginner.
     :death:
Prepress guy - doin' jobs one at a time
www.texasgraphics.com