News:

Main Menu

Plato ink sequence

Started by beermonster, September 12, 2013, 12:33:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beermonster

hi all

kinda new to plato - but here's a strange thing we deal with - any ideas? oh - its packaging layouts too

after brining in the multi up layout mfg and assigning stations, checking masks, doing all the usual, finally we get to print sequence

for the KBA press we need the darkest colour/black as colour number one - but to get it to colour number ONE we have to put it as number 4 in the ink sequence pallette. it needs to be number one for the kba plate readers to read

any ideas how to make it be number one colour just by moving it to top of ink sequences? I suspect it has something to do with screen angles somewhere but not experienced enough with it yet to say really

thanks folkies :toaster:
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

David

sounds like the RIP is set to reverse the ink order.
I assume you have an Esko RIP?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

beermonster

no mate the final file is sent to apogee/ctp

plato, pilot etc are used to do impo's from the mfg, then a cad "pla" version is saved and an output "esko" pdf saved to go via hotfolder to apogee - no esko rip.

4 col jobs usually come in fine with k as the 4th colour in the sequence - giving it number one in the colour bar - i've changed my mind on this - this is to do with the KBA press and smartmarks i think. the 6 col kba smrtmarks set must somehow be arranging the colours as it reads them - it's skynet i tells ya!

and thanks dave - good to see ya again
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

David

good to "see" you Beer, hope the world is treating you right.

cheers!
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca