What can't you do with Photoshop?

Started by Joe, March 13, 2014, 11:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ear

The Face Palm is strong with this one.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

David

Quote from: Ear on March 10, 2015, 12:54:16 PMThe Face Palm is strong with this one.

can you do that in photoshop?

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

:strangle:

On the plus side he didn't go ILLY => JPEG => INDY => PDF.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Ear

I once dared a designer to do multiple pages in Photoshop.... got a PSD with 32 layers, each layer was a page. Darn crafty designers just can't be fooled.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

And I'll bet they were proud of that.

Farabomb

Thanks, now he told his friends and we get the files.  :strangle:
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Ear

Yep, proud with a side of smug, when questioning my additional prepress charges.

Ear

Quote from: Farabomb on March 10, 2015, 01:04:06 PMThanks, now he told his friends and we get the files.  :strangle:
Oh I'm pretty sure they actually teach this method at the local community college.

Farabomb

Seeing how widespread it is, you may be correct.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Ear

And I'm NOT making this up. The silly PSD was the better part of a gig. And the best part, the douchziner owned the Creative Suite, FFS! They fucking owned a copy of InDesign! I cannot imagine the amount of time spent, setting body text, making and combining 32 Photoshop docs into one giant layered booklet, vs setting up an Indy doc with styles, etc... It was some serious dedication to stupidity. I was almost in awe of it. Most are stupid and lazy, but this was some first-rate determined stupid... like mowing the lawn with scissors.

David

Quote from: Ear on March 10, 2015, 01:42:16 PM... like mowing the lawn with scissors.

sounds like my wife when she wants to help with the painting...  she wants to use a tiny .5" brush you would use to paint an oil painting with while she's looking at a 28 foot long wall that's 9 feet high... yeah, use that brush, I'll be over here taking a nap.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: david on March 10, 2015, 02:33:45 PM
Quote from: Ear on March 10, 2015, 01:42:16 PM... like mowing the lawn with scissors.

sounds like my wife when she wants to help with the painting...  she wants to use a tiny .5" brush you would use to paint an oil painting with while she's looking at a 28 foot long wall that's 9 feet high... yeah, use that brush, I'll be over here taking a nap.

So much better quality that way.

Ear

Quote from: Joe on March 10, 2015, 02:44:46 PM
Quote from: david on March 10, 2015, 02:33:45 PM

So much better quality that way.
She's painting in vector. :winner:

Farabomb

Sounds like a good way to get a quality nap, don't know why you're complaining David.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Made in Taiwan

One of our clients also likes to use the one layer - one page method. The only difference is that she's using Illustrator instead of Photoshop, because Illustrator is all she knows (before she was used to Word and Excel, and as long as she doesn't want to send the file to the offset print shop, she will still give us Word files). Recently she took her shit to a new level, now every file contains two artboards, so each layer will be like a reader's spread. It's cool if you receive a file for a 168 page book from her. Luckily there are some plugins for Illustrator to help me do the work... Sh#$ on quality in her case.
Working in Prepress is very difficult. God chose only the best to do this job.