Forum > Items for Sale

1968 VW Manx-style mid-travel sand buggy

(1/2) > >>

born2print:
see attached

SOLD, FYI  :cry:

Farabomb:
Low res images, font not embedded, would not buy.  ;)

Actually if I wasn't on the other coast I would consider it. There is a family over by me that has like 5 of them. Even a 70's red flake one. Almost makes me want to forgive disco.

Almost.

Ear:
Love it. I want 70s Green flake. :cool:

frailer:
How does The Isle of Man come into beach buggies? Please explain.

This was my great grandfather's last ship before he retired.. to quietly expire in 1918.

Captain Tom_Ben-My-Chree

Gotta love wikipedia. Someone's updated this really nicely in the last few years. They always get a few bucks from me when they appeal.
Jimmy Wales is up there with Berners-lee, in my estimation.

Yeah... love beach buggies.   8)

StudioMonkey:

--- Quote from: frailer date=1430278295 link=msg=268459 ---
How does The Isle of Man come into beach buggies? Please explain.

--- End quote ---

This also from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meyers_Manx

--- Quote ---The Meyers Manx dune buggy is a small recreationally-oriented automobile, designed initially for desert racing by Californian engineer, artist, boat builder and surfer Bruce F. Meyers. It was produced by his Fountain Valley, California company, B. F. Meyers & Co. from 1964 to 1971, in the form of car kits applied to shortened chassis of Volkswagen Beetles.[1]:120 [2] The car line dominated dune racing in its time, breaking records immediately, and was eventually also released in street-oriented models, until the company's demise due to tax problems after Meyers's departure.[1]:118–123 New vehicles inspired by the original Manx buggy have been produced by Meyers's re-founded operation, Meyers Manx, Inc., since 2000.[2] The name and cat logo of the brand derives from the Manx cat, by virtue of the tailless breed's and the shortened vehicle's truncated "stubbiness".
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version