News:

Main Menu

Pre press tutorial

Started by kirami, April 28, 2016, 02:57:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kirami

Is there any tutorial here on how to lay out image on a template like plate size 6550x550 putting cutting marks, gripper allowance , bleed etc..ready file for ripping on harlequin or xmf rip.

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Diddler

Quote from: kirami on April 28, 2016, 02:57:29 AMIs there any tutorial here on how to lay out image on a template like plate size 6550x550 putting cutting marks, gripper allowance , bleed etc..ready file for ripping on harlequin or xmf rip.
XMF has inbuilt templates depending on what you need. All the other options you mention cut marks, grip etc can be selected and turned on or off as needed.  What exacting is it that your trying to print on a plate size of 6550mm?

You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

pspdfppdfxhd

That's over 20 feet long. Hmmmm

Farabomb

I would not want to hang that plate.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Ear

:lmao:  at this fucking thread.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

kirami

DigiCorn

Quote from: kirami on May 02, 2016, 08:54:58 PM
Quote from: Ear on May 02, 2016, 12:54:00 PM:lmao:  at this fucking thread.
  • whats funny men??
The thought of loading a 20 foot long plate
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Possum

What size cylinder would that run on? Must be a new kind of web or something.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

born2print

Fascinating! Tell me more about your 20' long plates...
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

Ear

"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Skryber

:lmao: That shit is funny.  :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Ear

THAT, my friends, is how you prepress.

born2print, ladies and gentlemen... let's hear it

born2print

How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

Slappy

A little late to the party.  :old:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.