News:

Main Menu

Font issue

Started by Farabomb, September 28, 2017, 08:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

Yes, because that's the biggest problem the world is facing right now.

Distract everyone so that nobody has time to peek behind the curtain and see the really shady shit going on.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Tracy

Agree, but If you can't stand up for your country you should go somewhere you respect?
people are spoiled brats

Possum

There are plenty of ways to protest whatever. People have been doing it since there were people. Disrespecting the flag just creates more divisiveness, not less.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Joe

I do not have a problem with people not standing for the National Anthem. Every citizen has that right and rightly so. That is one of our freedoms that many have died for.

A firefighter in Arizona was fired the other day because he posted on social media that Trump should have snipers at these football games and anyone that doesn't stand for the Anthem should be shot in the head by those snipers. These kind of people are the problem. Those are the kinds of things that happened in Nazi Germany and there are people in this country today that truly believe that is the right way to deal with this. It is actually downright scary.

Possum

That is scary. My point is that if this protest was begun because of some form of race relations matter, using something sure to polarize more people isn't going to bring anybody together.

Tracy

People are getting scary! what the heck.
I agree we have the right, just in case we go the way of something like the Nazi's
but I'm for the most part proud of this country dang it, I don't get it.
I think it's partly because I was raised by a military man.

Joe

I do agree that this isn't the best way to protest this particular issue. It is not like the National Anthem has anything to do with race relations.

But I can also see their point that if not here, where?

I don't have any solutions for the race issue. Seems like it is worse now than it was back in the 60's. And it was pretty bad back then.

Possum

If people would quit teaching their kids that our race is better than others, that would help a lot. Other than that....

Tracy

See were having conversations without getting all freaky :laugh:
It can be done.

Not sure about the Race thing either.
I can get along with anybody as long as they're not weird :laugh:

Farabomb

The whole thing is so far past what the original point it's ridiculous. What's interesting is most military people I know realize it has nothing to do with them. The same people calling for snipers are busy getting beer or taking a dump while the anthem is being played and that doesn't bother them. It wasn't until someone that's in the public eye, that happens to be brown, kneeled did it become an issue. Then Trump opened his stupid hole and blew it all out of proportion.

The same ones that are yelling so loud about the flag are the ones wearing it as clothes, that's disrespecting the flag. The flag is a symbol of freedom. A symbol of freedom to protest what you feel is an injustice. A symbol that fought against Nazis to have that freedom. Now we have a chucklehead that's our "leader" that's coming really, really close to going against the 1st amendment by opening his trap about what he personally thinks. The GOVERNMENT can't restrict your right to protest and last I looked Trump, sadly, is part of the government. The NFL owners can tell their employees to go out there and stand. Our president has no business weighing in with his opinion.

It's all just a way to keep us fighting against each other so they can do what they want. People are worrying about little shit while things are going downhill quite fast.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on September 28, 2017, 12:54:30 PMSee were having conversations without getting all freaky :laugh:
It can be done.

Not sure about the Race thing either.
I can get along with anybody as long as they're not weird :laugh:

Uh oh!

Joe

DPSprint

yikes has it gone with a racist slant now as well?
even I saw the original protest in nz... and of course Trumps response... but I didnt realise it has progressed

Joe

Everything seems to these days. :(