Forum > Esko

AE, Workflow Trap Tickets & Images

<< < (5/6) > >>

C2V:
HI,

Yes definitely crude but it does trap (now if this is 'enough trap' can depend on the printer.  We use 0.003") but some trap is still better than no trap.

Good to have another trick in the tool box.

Thanks!
C2V

andyfest:

--- Quote from: C2V link=msg=298676 date=1520352061 ---
HI,

Yes definitely crude but it does trap (now if this is 'enough trap' can depend on the printer.  We use 0.003") but some trap is still better than no trap.

Good to have another trick in the tool box.

Thanks!
C2V

--- End quote ---
You can adjust the size of the trap by adjusting the scaling of the bottom image. I used 100.5% for the bottom pill for this example, but that could be adjusted up or down to give you more or less trap. Glad to be of help!

C2V:
So finally got off the phone with an expert at Esko (in relation to trapping specifically)

After a few days he could not get the images I supplied him to trap.
(Without having to create paths via photoshop or within Illustrator using the white under print tool)

He tried a variety of different ticket options and used the trap suite of tools esko offers outside and inside of illustrator.
he also tried other applications (such as ArtPro) and apparently other RIPS (tho he neglected to mention which) and none of them trapped the file (& images) i sent uniformly / properly (or at all in most cases)

The final verdict is to create clipping paths (in photoshop) around the images which will be trapped via ticket.
Until then he is keeping the set of files sent and using it as a training opportunity and speaking with his co workers and higher ups regarding getting AE to trap images without the need for a clipping path to define the image edge.
(I have no idea if this will bring any change about) but he is aware competitors have options which trap to images without the need for paths around each image and it ["keeps us on our toes"] and ["competitive"]

He did mention that our prepress  (aka: me) cannot be the only ones experiencing this issue.
(i tend to agree) and that he would like to get this addressed in the future if possible
(thanks buddy! us one man prepress people would build a statue in your name)

Till then, I am a slave to the pen tool (and am at the mercy of the artist/designer)
(I should probably put that in my sig..)

Thanks all for the help and general knowledge.

C2V

DCurry:
Instead of doing the pen tool trick, it might prove easier/faster to open the PSD and add a Spot Channel that contains the background color. You'll still have to create the knockout and trap manually within Photoshop, but if the object is on its own layer it should be easier than drawing a path.

C2V:
Hm,

Photoshop is definitely not my thing. 
I will have to look into this option further.

If you still need to create the knock out (which would still require a tight path no?)
and trap in photoshop is that faster than just creating a path and letting AE trap the file once placed in the file?
or just a thought on another option on how to create the image in the first place? : )

-C2V

*edited x2

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version