Forum > Xitron Systems

Postscript out of InDesign with RTI RipKit, then ripping

(1/2) > >>

rickself:
I've been doing some testing to speed things up in the old rip and I came up with much faster ripping with a separated PS file from InDesign and dropping THAT into the Navigator rip for plates. In the Roam window I compared the Cyan plate from a ps file ripped on my Mac, laying it down on a ripped file from Navigator and saw no difference. In a fraction of the time. Instead of moving a 20mb file across the network for it to rip 45 minutes, I moved a 100mb file across the network and it took only 2 minutes to rip. I made sure to change my screen angles in InDesign to reflect the same angles in the rip.

Is there something glaringly wrong with doing it this way? I do the layout in InDesign to the sheet size, add my own side guides, reg marks, colorbar - all the rip is doing is translating the file to plate.

Slappy:

--- Quote from: rickself link=msg=301494 date=1531934623 ---Is there something glaringly wrong with doing it this way?

--- End quote ---

Aside from being stuck firmly in 1992? I suppose not!  :lmao:

rickself:

--- Quote from: Slappy link=msg=301496 date=1531938166 ---

--- Quote from: rickself link=msg=301494 date=1531934623 ---Is there something glaringly wrong with doing it this way?

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Okay, Okay, Okay, that wasn't fair! Maybe true, but not fair!
LOL, thanks for the…whatever.

Joe:

--- Quote from: rickself link=msg=301497 date=1531938339 ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

You will be fine until something comes out wrong/missing. When that happens...good luck.

rickself:

--- Quote from: Joe link=msg=301500 date=1531941849 ---

--- Quote from: rickself link=msg=301497 date=1531938339 ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

You will be fine until something comes out wrong/missing. When that happens...good luck.

--- End quote ---

I'm cautious. Going to do a lot of back and forth tests.
This goes back to the issue I was having the other day with Navigator/Harlequin not launching because I went in and tried to give more memory to the application. Come to find out that Navigator 8 is only a 32 bit program and if I want to utiize the RAM I loaded in the 64 bit ready XP box, we need to upgrade to at least Navigator/Harlequin 10. The boss lives for not spendng money, even if I have to manually trap and put sheet marks around the page. The dollars for a new rip that traps would have been paid for by now, but hey - job security for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version