Epson 9880 and Prinergy 6.1

Started by joaodaffonsojr, May 01, 2019, 06:59:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joaodaffonsojr

Hi!

recent i installed a HP 1050 on Prinergy 6.1 and worked very well.
But I need to install a Epson 9880 also, i did the same process as the HP 1050
downloaded the driver for 2008 server x64...
setup the driver on windows server and printed a test page successfully
them I setup the process template with the EPSON 9000 output
but when i sent a job the epson shows a error: "ink type mismatch"

any tips on this guys ?

thanks in advance

Joe

Are the pages you are trying to print all CMYK? CMYK+Spots? Have you tried changing any of the settings in the process template?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

nozama

I suspect process template also, Need either Prinergy process template or EFI/Oris to convert spots to 4/c

joaodaffonsojr

you mean convert to CMYK all colors ?

Joe

nozama

In simpler terms, workflow to epson proofers need to convert spot color files on fly for epson proofing only.

Prinergy can do this or EFI, Oris, or whatever catches files from Prinergy and Ques to proofer.

joaodaffonsojr

Well it didn´t worked ...
I don´t know what I´m doing wrong but I´m attaching the screens of templates configuration and also the error on the 9880 painel.

Any help is very welcome !

Joe

In your Render section...under "Convert separations to process" check the box for "Always use color combiner to convert spots" and see if that makes a difference.

By the way....your attachments are too small to see very well.

scottrsimons

It looks like you only have LAB2000 as a 'Color Database' that Prinergy will use to convert colors with in the "ColorConvert' section. If you truely are trying to convert Pantone colors to CMYK, you will need to add a PANTONE database from the left side to the right side for it to work. Your screenshot doesn't show all your options, so I can't say which one you will need. But I would bet that is your issue. Make sure there is a PANTONE on the 'Selected' side to the right, and then try again.

So you know, then it will use that color database to convert the Pantone color to CMYK before printing.

If you have any RIPS that convert Pantone to CMYK when processing files, you could look at the same section, and follow that example.

Hope this helps.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

Joe

Good Point.

PANTONE+ Solid Coated-V3

PANTONE+ Solid Uncoated-V3

Are the default latest ones for Prinergy but you can add others too. We also have a custom one for people that like to use their own custom color names like "Bob's favorite purple"

joaodaffonsojr

about spot colors..
the file that I´m testing is just CMYK, and gives the error also.

Joe

OK you said you 'printed a test' which worked. Was that an actual print from an application and it worked or just the driver test page? Can you open a PDF in Acrobat on the Prinergy server and print directly to this printer and it prints? If it doesn't print and gives the same error then I suspect it is a setting in the printer driver. If it does print then the problem is probably in Prinergy.

If it points to Prinergy being the issue I suspect the problem is in the color convert section of the process template. Try changing some of these settings in color conversion and see if it makes a difference. Could be it is getting the mismatch error because the color convert settings are in conflict with the printer driver settings.

joaodaffonsojr