Xante Enpress

Started by Tracy, September 30, 2019, 03:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

We just got a new Xante Enpress
Copy guy is having trouble with a #6.75 envelope
it's running pretty slow, actually pausing also, It's only text.

He is going to switch it to the illumina but would like to know a possible solution.

DigiCorn

The Xantes always pause a little somewhere in the run. I really don't know why. On Black and White, it's usually a thousand or so into the run. 4-color, it's every hundred or so, after it does about 300. I think it just needs to cool down the fuser temperature. That is an adjustment that can be made on the machine's menu.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Possum

I'm sure you thought of this, but is the paper weight setting correct? As Dig said, they do tend to stop to adjust fuser temp, also to adjust color with the self-calibration, and sometimes to stir the toner when it gets low.

We got our Impressia from a third party vendor, so they sent a trainer, who told us we could run envelopes on the light env. setting so they run faster. Yeah, you can, but then you get a lot of crooked prints. I did notice that ours paused more frequently when it was new, but the slowness seems to speak to something else.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Tracy

Hey thanks!
We did check paper settings but getting that fuser temp lower may help
It's just black text!

Possum

If you do try a lighter paper setting, watch out for crooked prints. I called a tech to fix the problem and he said it was caused by using a paper setting too light. He was right.

You might call the tech number if you have it. I haven't tried your machine, but the Impressia runs 500 envelopes in around 15 minutes if no jams. Color or B&W makes no difference.

Tracy

Thanks Possum I will relay the message!

I think because this one is new we can get someone to come in
Our Xantes don't come with service I do believe

Possum

I think they have just a couple years warranty. We've never been charged to talk to a tech on the phone. If you get one named Jeremy, he's the only one I've talked to and he knows his stuff.

Tracy

Good to know! I will let my coworker know about Jeremy

Slappy

Tracy, you ever get a resolution?

We just had an EnPress installed last week & doing a dry run with the tech here it would start out pretty zippy,
then about 12-15 envelopes in just slow to an absolute crawl. Nothing fancy, just A7 60# stock.
We changed the Default paper from "Envelope" to one of the lighter weights and all that did was kick up the starting speed.
It still slowed down like mad after about 15 or so. I gave up, waiting on the Ricoh guy to come back with an answer too.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Tracy

Yeah the A7 and A6 run slow, no resolution.
#10 and #9 and remits run fine, That seems like a deal breaker to me
let me know if you find anything

The Ricoh can run envelopes but then there is a click charge
We have a Xante illumina too so I think the guy decides where he wants to run them
or just lets it run slow, I think this is something that should be said up front
and I think you are correct in lowering the weight, but still doesn't do much right?

Joe

So I asked our girls if we have that issue too and yes we have the same issue but not just with envelopes. It does the same thing running just about anything and they say NCR is even worse. According to Xante it is normal.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

We don't have the Enpress; we have the Impressia and on color it will run a steady speed, but after a couple hundred, it will take long pauses every 50-60 envelopes for the rest of the run. Has something to do with the fuser temperature. This is a user adjustable setting from the touch screen on the device, or may be done remotely via the IP address and web browser. Look up the recommended temperature settings and change them as notated. I guarantee that the default setting is not the recommended temperature. On *Envelope* setting on color, I can do about 500 envelopes every 20 minutes. On *Envelope Lite* it will run about 500 Envelopes in 5-7 minutes.

For Black only envelopes, the speed doesn't change, but it won't have it's long pause until it's tun closer to 1,000 envelopes.

Xante owns RIPIT, which is a device we also have. From my new office, their Sacramento location is about a 10 minute drive straight up Sunrise. It's just one guy in a satellite office, and he's sometimes out on training sessions, but I spent an hour in there training one day.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

scottrsimons

Xante owns RIPIT, https://www.ripitenergy.com/? Is this what you mean?
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

DigiCorn

― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway