PDF of full press sheet from XMF

Started by Lynne, October 24, 2019, 01:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynne

Apologies if I overlooked through searching..... new XMF user from Rampage.

We occasionally need to export a PDF of our entire press sheet, including side-guides, registration marks, color bars, etc. We could do this easily in Rampage, but cannot figure out if XMF will allow this.

Thank you to anyone who can advise of a method.

Tracy

Drag your pdf icon to your plate icon select your settings 300 I think 150 is the default
you need to know where the pdf ends up on mine it goes to the XMF Resources / Outputs/ pdf export
I have a shortcut to that folder on my desktop

One thing it seems to make the files a lot larger, doing a save as will take the file size down drastically
I can post a screen shot in the morning if needed, Time to go home for me!

fyi: you will have to right click/release on the pdf icon and you can right click and select 300 also

Slappy

Hmmmm, we have an Impo PDF for everrrrrry large press job through XMF but I'm home & for the life of me can't remember how we set it up! I'll check it out in the am too, I don't think there was much to the settings.

Our impo PDFs don't seem to be too huge, but our largest sheet size currently is 20x28 so there's that.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Tracy

Here is the screen shot

Lynne

NEED SOMETHING A LITTLE DIFFERENT IF POSSIBLE:

Thanks for the reply and yes, we figured out how to do a pdf from the imposition; however, we would like it to include all of the pressmarks, color bar, etc. and doing a pdf based on the above screen shot doesn't give us that (unless I'm missing something somewhere)

Please let me know if you know a way to accomplish this -- we used it all the time in Rampage and many of our outside vendors for our finishing want to see a pdf of the entire press sheet.

Lynne

GOT IT!!

Failed to change the clipping to Plate instead of clipping mask

Thanks so much!

Slappy

Quote from: Tracy on October 24, 2019, 03:54:42 PMOne thing it seems to make the files a lot larger, doing a save as will take the file size down drastically
I can post a screen shot in the morning if needed, Time to go home for me!
Yeah, I tried to use the Pitstop Action "Minimize File Size 3.0" but it removes most of the press sheet marks for some reason. Just did one for an outside bindery & did the "Resample for Web" instead. I think I tried to add those Actions directly to XMF at one point, but it never worked right.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Tracy

weird, I had troubles with crops in pdfs when I first started in XMF, no troubles anymore.
I just do a save as in acro and the file reduces a whole lot, not sure why XMF is making the pdf larger
I mean a lot larger!! especially when I do a variable cut and stack.
I like XMF for the most part tho!

Your welcome Lynne! and Welcome to the Forum!!