Prinergy 8.2 OSX Mojave

Started by TBKeffer, December 18, 2019, 09:12:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TBKeffer

Some of this was covered in June but is not exactly the problem we are experiencing.

We had to purchase a new iMac and it came with Mojave.
I copied the Prinergy 8.2 app and files from a High Sierra Mac, because the workshop installer doesn't work on Mojave.

Everything works, but when you select anything in Workshop and click on a shortcut there is several second wiat until the next window appears. I have added the Prinergy IP to the host file (Go to), installed Java, mounted the Prinergy volume, and used the IP in the Workshop login. Nothing helps.
G7 Process Control Master Printer - Prinergy - Insite - Metrix

Joe

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! This proves I'm NOT insane!

Can you submit this issue to Kodak and refer to my case # RE: case 191107-000297- slow opening files through Workshop on Mojave Macs?

A Kodak tech support person did a webinar through my Mac and I showed them doing it. Everything opens slow from Workshop but if I open a Finder window and open a PDF or VPS they open immediately. On my Mac it is an 8 second delay most of the time but at times I have seen up to a 30 second delay. A co-worker that also has Mojave installed sees a consistent 4 second delay. Other co-workers using Sierra see no delay. I tried creating a new user account and that didn't help. Also upgrading to Prinergy 8.3 did not help.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

TBKeffer

Im almost certain that Kodak will tell me that they do not support Prinergy 8.2 on Mojave and will not help me.
But I will give it a try.

Also, I have Catalina installed on my MacBook Pro and it works fine with Prinergy 8.2.

Joe

Yeah but Preps and VPS won't run under Catalina.

David

Quote from: Joe on December 18, 2019, 09:53:26 AM

no it doesn't...

you work in prepress, you have to be insane.

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

TBKeffer

Correct, Prinergy 8.2 VPS definitely doesn't run under Catalina.

Joe

I actually contacted Kodak to let them know another person has seen this issue and I got an email back that they can replicate this issue and they ware working on it.

Joe

Quote from: david on December 18, 2019, 10:08:32 AM
Quote from: Joe on December 18, 2019, 09:53:26 AM

no it doesn't...

you work in prepress, you have to be insane.

Truth!

JohnO

I just ordered two new iMacs and I know they are going to come with Catalina. Going to have to try and downgrade them to Mojave so VPS, etc will work. Found a few YouTubes on it...looks like it can be done most of the time. Easy if your Mac was Mojave to start with and you upgraded to Catalina and want to go back.

Joe

See above. You won't be pleased with Mojave either.

DigiCorn

Don't be surprised if they don't. I bought a new MacBook a few weeks ago, and it was still on El Capitan or Sierra... I forget which one. I updated it to Mojave, but stopped there.

{edit} I just got a *new* old Power Mac here at the new shop, and it was on El Capitan. I upgraded it to Mojave.

My old Power Mac at the other shop I stopped at Mojave too.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

TBKeffer

Possible workaround.

Kodak asked me to install TeamViewer which I did and, guess what, problem solved.
Prinergy Workshop 8.2 no longer had a delay in opening the Process windows.
When we close TV, the problem comes back.

My operator is now using workshop with TV open. It's working so far.
TeamViewer might have some network prefs that are allowing this to happen.

She has also commented that our Metrix is opening windows much faster.

Comments?

Joe

The delay was happening for me while Kodak was logged in via TeamViewer. Just to be clear we are seeing the same issue...if you double click on a PDF to open in Acrobat or if you try to open a VPS from workshop are you seeing the same delay.

Joe

As a test I downloaded the latest TeamViewer and tried opening a PDF with it running and no luck. Still takes 8 seconds for it to open the PDF. Open the same PDF via a Finder Window and it opens instantly.

TBKeffer

We only see the delay when we try to use any type of Process template.
Shortcuts and/or right clicking to access process plans is an 8 second delay.

We can open pdfs through workshop quickly.