Flat Edge Frame Cropping

Started by DigiCorn, October 14, 2011, 09:03:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

Back when I used Quark a lot, I used to see this all the time... and a little bit in InDesign but then I thought they fixed it. I saw a patch to CS5 a week or so ago and now this problem is popping up on all my jobs. Did they F@#* it up again? (see screenshots). The frame displays properly in overprint preview/high res preview, but post rip it crops off and flattens the edge. Simple enough fix... just annoying. I don't want to have to start going through large jobs pulling out frames again. This sucks when then group it and then apply effects because ungrouping removes the effects, requiring the direct selection tool to pull the frame out one side at a time.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Ummmm...what? What is the problem in those screen shots?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Stiv

Are they old EPS' from AI?

I have that issue all the time.

David

Quote from: Joe on October 14, 2011, 09:32:37 AMUmmmm...what? What is the problem in those screen shots?

in the flat edge screen shot, the bottom of the C's and S's are clipped off.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

LOL...I was looking at the edge of the card. I kept thinking, "I don't see anything wrong with the edge. :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

Thanks David. I thought Joe was being sarcastic. Now I know the old eyes are going... better that than the joystick, eh?  :old:

@Stiv, yes they are. I had it back on CS3, but it hasn't reared its ugly head in a while.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway