Are you only doing prepress at work? Or...?

Started by Made in Taiwan, September 18, 2014, 02:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

born2print

WHOA!  :rotf:

We used to get in a car and pound warm Budweiser from cans in the trunk.. and other stuff.

We had block schedule, 3 classes a day for 2 hrs each but with 12 min. passing periods.
12 minutes is a long time  ;D
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

Joe

We had 9 forty minute periods with about 3 minutes in between. 3 Minutes is long enough to get in trouble I can tell you that. :rotf:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Ear

Quote from: born2print on September 24, 2015, 10:46:01 AMWHOA!  :rotf:

We used to get in a car and pound warm Budweiser from cans in the trunk.. and other stuff.

We had block schedule, 3 classes a day for 2 hrs each but with 12 min. passing periods.
12 minutes is a long time  ;D

:rotf:  Yeah, that escalated quickly. :shocked: 

We would do the "other stuff" at break and lunch too. One of the other drummers had an old flat-nose ford van, exactly like the Mystery Machine. He put up curtains and pimped the inside with shag carpet. We would hotbox the shit out of it.

Budweiser? Damn rich kids... ours was typically Hamms or Ole... could get a case for $7.99, in the late 80s. :drunk3:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

born2print

Quote from: Ear on September 24, 2015, 11:00:18 AMOne of the other drummers had an old flat-nose ford van, exactly like the Mystery Machine. He put up curtains and pimped the inside with shag carpet. We would hotbox the shit out of it.
DUDE! You sure it wasn't a bass player named Dustin?!?!
Holy crap!
 :rotf:

Ear

:rotf:  He was a drummer named Norm. His dad was a mechanic and helped him fix up this old Sears delivery van. Green shag carpet. We called it the Shaggin' Wagon.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Ear

DCurry

Quote from: Ear on September 24, 2015, 08:06:43 AMYou played volleyball in high school? :rotf: :lipsrsealed:

I played volleyball, too. Well, let me rephrase that - I was on the team, but played very little. Back then (1987), if you showed up for tryouts you made the team because so few people played men's volleyball. The plus side is there was no JV, so I got my varsity letter as a freshman.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Ear

I grew up in the boonies, and they didn't have boys' volleyball, so this is foreign to me. I have nothing against it, just didn't know they had boys' teams in high school. :-[

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Ear

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

born2print

Ear

Quote from: Farabomb on September 24, 2015, 01:03:37 PMI'm hoping it's college.  :o
Even if it isn't, it is... as far as we are concerned. Plausible deniability.

born2print

Ear