Copy and paste between preps documents

Started by drcpub, November 02, 2021, 09:53:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drcpub

Hi, was wondering if anyone has found a way or knows of a way to paste an object, mark or page or whatever between 2 preps documents.  Opening a document, copying a mark, closing and opening another document, preps does not seem to hold on to what is on the clipboard.  Any way to do this?

Thanks in advance

Joe

Add the second template as another sig into the same job. Copy and paste from it then delete the extra sig.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

drcpub

Let me explain by giving you an example:  I have 65 perfect bound covers, all with several different spine sizes. Fortunately there are 5 spines sizes.  What I'd like to do is copy and paste the spine and hinge marks from say, 1 with the correct distance to 7 others.  Then do that again for other sizes to the rest of the books.

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DCurry

Building on Joe's suggestion, rather than have 65 different templates with 1 sig each, you could have 1 template that contains 65 sigs. This will allow you to copy/paste from one sig to another within the same template.

Or make them SmartMarks and then you can drag them in as needed.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!