XMF Client for OS 11 Big Sur on Mac with intel CPU

Started by Joe, June 30, 2021, 07:06:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Is there such a thing out there yet? As the resident crash test dummy I installed Big Sur on my Mac and I think I have everything working except the XMF client which doesn't give me any errors. It just won't launch.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

do you have a license? if so call it in
I never installed client by myself

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on June 30, 2021, 01:31:27 PM
do you have a license? if so call it in
I never installed client by myself

That is the software we use on our Javelin CTP so I guess we have a license. I've never used Fuji/XMF support so I have no idea where to start. Also I'm not a big fan of calling support no matter where on Earth it is located.

Slappy

Fuji/XMF support is actually pretty awesome. I miss it, since we cancelled our Maintenance a while ago.

Check it out, I'll be curious to know too, as I hope to get new Macs in here before long and will need compatibility.

1-800-FLY-FUJI
          (359-3854)
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Tracy

Joe

Well I am about to find out...

Answer: Since it is not an urgent problem they are going to call me back tomorrow.

Joe

So have not heard back from XMF support. This is why I hate all tech support. Awesome support? Wonderful support? Balderdash! Or maybe it is just me. :blind:

Why, when I called them last night did they ask me if I was calling from Walmart? The people that work in the plate room told me every time they call they also get asked if they are calling from Walmart. Weird.

I have found out from my friend Google there is a version of the XMF client for Big Sur. Why does XMF not have a website where you can download software? I have found their support website where they have downloads. Below is the extent of their downloads.

Joe

Tracy

sorry Joe, I hope you get a good tech
there are a couple that really are very good

Joe

So they did just call me. There is no XMF Client for Big Sur yet. Maybe by September but that is only a guess on their part. So Big Sur will be supported about the time Apple releases macOS Monterey. So they are staying a full version behind. Have they been taking lessons from Kodak?

Seems the google page I found about Big Sur support was for other Fuji software and not XMF.

bornrd

We called them [Fuji] Yesterday, and the representative was getting a lil p*ssed defending theirselves by saying Apple surprised everyone out of the blue with a big number of problematic changes...

We didn't even want to rustle his jimmies  :azn:

He also vaguely said something along the lines of "maybe by autumn"
So that's coming from European tech support, as well.

"Maybe by autumn" is also the official release Date for Monterey tho..
EDIT: oOh, Joe just pointed that out.
macOS Catalina 10.15.7/Windows 10 - Adobe CC - Fuji XMF 6.13 - Luxel T9000 CTP E - KBA Rapida 105 universal - Heidelberg GTO - Heidelberg Windmill - Heidelberg Cylinder - Heidelberg Speedmaster 52 - Schelter & Giesecke PHOENIX A - Rockstroh VICTORIA - Lenpoligrafmash NEOTYPE N-7F - Konica Minolta C3080 - HP DesignJet ZP6810 - Epson Stylus Pro 4900 - Heidelberg Stahlfolder - Müller-Martini APOLLO - Müller-Martini PRESTO II - PERFECTA Cutting System

I have no idea what the f*ck I'm doing in prepress but here we are

www.ruegen-druck.de | @ruegendruck

––––––––––––––––––––––
They will chop you down just to count your rings

Joe

In what may be a worlds first Kodak beat them in supporting Big Sur in Prinergy. Still waiting on Preps to be fully compatible but that is supposed to happen in July.

Slappy

Meh, I won't be getting new Macs with Big Sur any time soon anyway. Shoot, I just got the OK to add 16GB of RAM to our 4-year old machines to try & keep 'em running for the duration!  ::)
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

bornrd

We just got a beta version this morning and so far, it runs just fine on Big Sur!
macOS Catalina 10.15.7/Windows 10 - Adobe CC - Fuji XMF 6.13 - Luxel T9000 CTP E - KBA Rapida 105 universal - Heidelberg GTO - Heidelberg Windmill - Heidelberg Cylinder - Heidelberg Speedmaster 52 - Schelter & Giesecke PHOENIX A - Rockstroh VICTORIA - Lenpoligrafmash NEOTYPE N-7F - Konica Minolta C3080 - HP DesignJet ZP6810 - Epson Stylus Pro 4900 - Heidelberg Stahlfolder - Müller-Martini APOLLO - Müller-Martini PRESTO II - PERFECTA Cutting System

I have no idea what the f*ck I'm doing in prepress but here we are

www.ruegen-druck.de | @ruegendruck

––––––––––––––––––––––
They will chop you down just to count your rings

Joe