<POOF> went my Actions palette

Started by gnubler, March 25, 2008, 06:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

I'm running PS CS on Windows XP. There have been various sets and actions on my Actions palette for quite some time now that ignorantly have never officially been saved as .atn files. The actions were just "always there" and I never gave much thought to it.

Well, they're all gone now and I learned the ugly truth by reading this interesting thread over at photo.net:

http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00HHiX

Out of curiousity, I followed the directory path to my Actions Palette.psp file, but that didn't help me as the file had regenerated itself and no longer contained whatever was previously in my Actions palette.

Live and learn, and manually save those action sets if you have a bunch of them.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Yep, I've been down that road before. We always learn the hard way to start with it seems. LOL
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Gnubler, I assume since you lost your actions you are not backing up regularly? Naughty, naughty.
Member #285 - Civilian

LRob

Here's one :
I have a workspace saved in my PhotoShop CS3 and every time I restart PS, it reverts back to the defalt workspace and none of the action I have saved are there. Any takers?

Joe

You did actually "Save" the actions right? And you saved the workspace too before quitting Photoshop? And you also clicked "Default Workspace" to make your newly created workspace the default right? If you've done all of that then I have no idea.

LRob

Every time I click on "default workspace" it goes to a default workspace, not the one I made. And no I didn't actually "Save" the actions right! Thanks :grin:, but the workspace  has me baffled.

Joe

I setup my workspace and then did a "Save Workspace" as shown here and named it "Joe". Then I shut down Photoshop and re-started it and the workspace named "Joe" was the active workspace when Photoshop opened back up. See attached image.

LRob

That is exactly what I did, but every time I restart, it defaults on me. :huh:

Joe

Have you tried dumping your PS preferences? that's about the only other thing I can think of right now.

The Stevinator

SJM

LRob

Quote from: Joe  link=topic=1361.msg18727#msg18727 date=1206516880Have you tried dumping your PS preferences? that's about the only other thing I can think of right now.
Haven't tryed that yet. Try it tonight and get back to ya

gnubler

Quote from: The Stevinator on March 26, 2008, 06:22:23 AM
Quote from: gnubler on March 25, 2008, 06:41:46 PMI'm running PS CS on Windows XP.

that's when i stopped reading.....

Oh, believe me, I'm feeling the pain. Hey, I have to work with what they give me. For the most part, things have been fine.

I'm not involved in backing up my workstation - owner does that, and he's only in once a week. I have no idea how to access my machine's backup, and for the few actions I had it's not worth the trouble. Easier to just recreate them and SAVE THEM.

About the default workspace issue - I get that too, but only sometimes. InDesign never starts up in my custom workspace, and PS *sometimes does*. I figured it's a feature of Windows.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

jezza

I've had it as well with a couple of macs, workspace shows up just fine, then it don't. I restarted my mac at home this week and photoshop started in the default space. Why, I'll never know
one sick prepress mofo

The Stevinator

yeah, it's happened to me as well.  i can only assume in my infinite wisdom that some preferences file is being corrupt and adobe overwrites it with the default.

that's why is save my workspaces......hint hint
SJM