News:

Main Menu

Rampage with Metrix

Started by kermit, September 20, 2007, 09:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kermit

So, what's the deal with that? Anyone knows more? I hate changes...
Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses

mwc

almaink

If ya like what ya got why change?
Just got a snail mail from RAMpage explaining Version 11 changes.
Version 11 will continue to work with the old interface is you want.
Metrix is an extra.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

kermit

Quote from: almaink on September 20, 2007, 10:13:23 AMIf ya like what ya got why change?
Just got a snail mail from RAMpage explaining Version 11 changes.
Version 11 will continue to work with the old interface is you want.
Metrix is an extra.
I received this today also, that's why I asked. Knowing Rampage this will be $$$$$$$$$$$$$ option?
Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses

almaink

No way of knowing but my guess is yes big $. Don't see any reason for to update in my shop, unless the PDF Trap Engine has become a speed demon.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110

mwc

Metrix is a 3rd party product that has hooks to many workflow.

Rampage will/has added support for that product. I didn't hear/see anything that suggests that this in an 'optional' add in....the cost would be set by the Metrix folks, not Rampage.
Rampage doesn't make or sell Preps, Dynastrip, Upfront...but they support it.

I assume my assumptions are correct, but presumably I could have ascertained knowledge that, in a mis-guided stance, are incorrect to assume...

kermit

Quote from: almaink on September 20, 2007, 10:49:13 AMPDF Trap Engine has become a speed demon.
HA HA HA, wishful thinking!

The best that describes what rampage did with introducing PDF trap engine would be german word: Schadenfreude.

BTW, who else would come up with such one word that has no direct english equivalent.
For those that don't speak german:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude

Now, if you want to use PDF Trap engine you should pay rampage big bucks for new rampage boxes.

almaink

I did pony up for the faster box. Only problem is they came out with a faster box (Dual Core) after I bought it.

OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110

kermit

Quote from: almaink on September 20, 2007, 12:12:45 PMI did pony up for the faster box. Only problem is they came out with a faster box (Dual Core) after I bought it.
Anything that is not Core Duo is pretty much useless for PDF Trapping on big job. I have 3.06 GHz dual Xeons and they are also slow. That's why I am not using PDF TE now. I am waiting for 4GHz - 5GHz or faster Core Xtremes and I will upgrade. Hopefully next year summer time.