Jerry Sienfeld & Microsoft

Started by delooch, August 22, 2008, 01:24:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youston

So wait ... there WON'T be computers that taste like cake?

Slappy

Quote from: G_Town on September 08, 2008, 10:08:12 AM
Quote from: Slappy on September 08, 2008, 09:47:19 AM"story-line" campaign, this isn't just a one-off commercial.

Well for the opening act I think we can agree it's dog shit so far :laugh: :wink:
Yeah, but  look at all of the attention it's getting. <insert cliché about no such thing as bad press here>
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

PrepressCrapFixer

First impressions seem to be a very important thing when it comes to advertising and IMO this makes as good a first impression as Vista did.
macOSX 12.7 Monterey • Prinergy 10 • Adobe Creative Cloud 2022 • Q800 Trendsetter w/ MCU • Epson Sure Color P7000

G_Town

Quote from: Slappy on September 08, 2008, 10:17:24 AM
Quote from: Slappy on September 08, 2008, 09:47:19 AM"story-line" campaign, this isn't just a one-off commercial.

Well for the opening act I think we can agree it's dog shit so far :laugh: :wink:
Yeah, but  look at all of the attention it's getting. <insert cliché about no such thing as bad press here>

Good point but when you are trying to sell something it's a little different than the attention whores like Paris or Brittney. Although if a video got leaked on the internet showing vista giving a BJ..... :cheesy:

tapdn

Quote from: G_Town on September 08, 2008, 10:58:33 AM

Good point but when you are trying to sell something it's a little different than the attention whores like Paris or Brittney. Although if a video got leaked on the internet showing vista giving a BJ..... :cheesy:

...yeah, but even if it could wouldn't ya be worried about getting a virus??? :laugh:
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

PrepressCrapFixer

Maybe Windows giving MAC a handjob....come on baby, give up the secret to your success and this can get so much better............ :laugh:
macOSX 12.7 Monterey • Prinergy 10 • Adobe Creative Cloud 2022 • Q800 Trendsetter w/ MCU • Epson Sure Color P7000

G_Town

Quote from: tapdn on September 08, 2008, 11:04:10 AM

...yeah, but even if it could wouldn't ya be worried about getting a virus??? :laugh:

Damn I walked right into that one! Good one Tap!! :laugh:

youston

Quote from: G_Town on September 08, 2008, 11:07:29 AM

Well, it's Windows, so aren't you already worrying about getting a virus? Might as well go with the BJ while you're at it.

G_Town

Quote from: youston on September 08, 2008, 12:16:43 PM
Quote from: G_Town on September 08, 2008, 11:07:29 AM

Well, it's Windows, so aren't you already worrying about getting a virus? Might as well go with the BJ while you're at it.

I'm more worried about "worms" and "trojans" :undecided:

tapdn

usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

delooch

i caught this for the first time yesterday.. just dont get it. Delicious? Vista left such a dirty taste in my mouth, i couldnt regurgitate fast enough. they better have a whopper of a follow up planned.

G_Town

ok caught the second one, going for getting in touch with the people motif.

FAIL COMMERICAL

frailer

I think I've got almaink or sparky to thank for alerting me to subscribing to this site. But it's a great read on this commercial thingy.

http://www.macnightowl.com/2008/09/why-microsoft-wants-to-return-to-the-1990s/

Easy to forget how close Apple was to going belly-up back then.    :shocked:     The book about Jobs "iCon", is a very interesting read. Remember, the one he wouldn't allow to be sold in Apple Stores, on pain of flogging if any employee slipped up.    :laugh:
He's just a much more interesting character than Gates, whatever his obvious flaws. I'm afraid reading about Gates would have me   :sleepy:  in no time.  Sheer rat-cunning is a handy attribute, but not inherently interesting.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Slappy

Maybe they only ever planned on having those few ads featuring Seinfeld & Gates? You know - as advertising to get a buzz going? As for creating the spots on Macs, well duh. It's an ad agency, one of the most sought after in the world. Why wouldn't they use Macs? Did everybody think they'd mandate that their creatives would have to use Windows machines all of a sudden just because of the client?

Rampant fanboyism always makes me giggle. Tee-Hee.  :laugh:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.