Finally... A bug in Artpro that I like

Started by SA, December 01, 2008, 09:22:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SA

Came across a bug in Artpro which I though I would share... Could possibly help someone with multiple copies of artpro and not enough copies of the Step & Repeat Nested module to go around. (might even work with other modules)

You need to save an artpro file with the Step&Repeat Nested window open from a copy of the software that has that module activated. Now if you open that file in a copy of artpro which does not have the Step&Repeat Nested module the Step&Repeat window will still be there, even if you close the original file.

I have come across one problem so far, the 'analyze cad file' button will not work, but I have found a work around. The cad data can be brought in through the following menu: File/Import/Cad. With the only option ticked being the 'Analyze cad on import' which will bring in the .cf2 cad data. From here everything works as normal through the Step&Repeat window.

Im just hoping ESKO dont see this and fix it... though dont think it would matter as the service contract was too $$$ for us anyway...

Riding a scooter is like riding a fat chick. Fun to do but just not in front of your friends.

G_Town

Quote from: SA on December 01, 2008, 09:22:50 AMCame across a bug in Artpro which I though I would share... Could possibly help someone with multiple copies of artpro and not enough copies of the Step & Repeat Nested module to go around. (might even work with other modules)

You need to save an artpro file with the Step&Repeat Nested window open from a copy of the software that has that module activated. Now if you open that file in a copy of artpro which does not have the Step&Repeat Nested module the Step&Repeat window will still be there, even if you close the original file.

I have come across one problem so far, the 'analyze cad file' button will not work, but I have found a work around. The cad data can be brought in through the following menu: File/Import/Cad. With the only option ticked being the 'Analyze cad on import' which will bring in the .cf2 cad data. From here everything works as normal through the Step&Repeat window.

Im just hoping ESKO dont see this and fix it... though dont think it would matter as the service contract was too $$$ for us anyway...

Great!! you just let the cat out of the bag!

:laugh:

SA

Riding a scooter is like riding a fat chick. Fun to do but just not in front of your friends.

G_Town