digital camera corpses

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, October 03, 2007, 12:03:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ear

Eh, hosehead, once you get there you can have all the free beer and sausages you want.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

jezza

In a desperate attempt to get this thread back on topic :) have you tried Chanel Mixer to 'move' the red into the blue or something?
one sick prepress mofo

Ear

Oh c'mon, that was a beauty thread jack, eh!

Anyway, he said it came to him cmyk. I would suggest going to LAB and messing with it there, it's tricky but very powerful once you get the feel for it.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

jezza

You're quite right, it was a beauty :) LAB is cool, but not for everyone...
one sick prepress mofo

Ear

True that my friend. It is hard enough to learn correction in RGB but it is nice to know LAB if you're converting back and fourth because it doesn't thrash the values like CMYK to RGB then back to CMYK! I also like doing Unsharp Mask in LAB, on the lightness channel, lets you sharpen more without as much noise.

I have also been doing more color correction using layered history snapshots.

jezza

Yeah, liking the a lot.

I can't remember exactly what I was doing last week, but I do remember being extremely short of time and converting the image to CMYK so I had a black channel came in very handy. Quick and dirty and wrong but it worked - a quick adjustment in channel mixer. Printed piece looked fabulous. Much better than we expected and on uncoated paper. Just lucky I guess :)
one sick prepress mofo

Ear

Hey, quick, dirty and wrong are usually 3 very good ingredients... well... maybe more on a saturday night than at work but I'm all for cross training.  :ninja:

jezza

Quote from: Earendil on October 04, 2007, 04:23:31 PMwell... maybe more on a saturday night than at work but I'm all for cross training.  :ninja:

Well it beats the shit out of cross dressing on a Saturday night :) Damn, off topic straight away  :ninja:

Don't worry, I'm just off to moderate myself  ;D
one sick prepress mofo

Ear

Cross dressing? Hey, it was only that one time, I was in college, who doesn't experiment! LOL

You're easy to pull off topic at this hour, I'm surprised you're still up!

jezza

Yeah you're right, it's midnight right now, gotta go to bed.

Things I like? I try 'em twice :)
one sick prepress mofo

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: Earendil on October 04, 2007, 11:11:59 AMEh, hosehead, once you get there you can have all the free beer and sausages you want.

uh, that's back bacon NOT sausages...where're ya from...England?

;D

Ear

Thanks PSPetc... I'm from Oregon so I do need some help. I get all of my Canada education from Strange Brew and The Red Green Show.

born2print

Quote from: Earendil on October 05, 2007, 10:51:35 AMThanks PSPetc... I'm from Oregon so I do need some help. I get all of my Canada education from Strange Brew and The Red Green Show.
Don't forget SCTV, where Bob & Doug McKenzie came from!

ps: I just noticed it's Canadian Thanksgiving today... yay?
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

G_Town

Doug McKenzie: Figures you wouldn't know how to work it if it's got a computer.

Bob McKenzie: Oh yeah, Mister Wizard, you know, eh...

Doug McKenzie: Let me try, I'm a genius.

I use the 3rd line all the time when someone can't get something to rip, print yada yada

Ear

SCTV.... soooo funny! How about Kids in the Hall, it was like a twisted Canadian SNL and it was actually produced by Lorne Michaels.