News:

Main Menu

Rampage/Server issue

Started by Ron, May 01, 2010, 03:07:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron

We are currently running Rampage 9.4 with a Dell server running 2000 server software and an external raid tower. We have installed a HP sever running server 2003 with a internal raid. we copied all files from the old Dell raid to the HP raid along with the rampage_vol folders and pointed the Rampage servers to it without any problem. However when we launch the Rampage client on the Macs they still are trying to connect to the old Dell server even if we reinstall the client software. We cannot seem to get the client software to connect to the rampage folders that where copied to the new HP raid. WE can copy and work on files all day long on the HP raid, but if we want to rip and view monitor proofs we have to copy the job folder back to the Dell raid to rip & view monitor proofs. Is there a preference folder in the server rampage_vol folder that directs the client to the Dell when we start client on the macs? If so how can we change it so that the client software on the macs are directed to the HP rampage_vol folders instead of the Dell rampage_vol folder? Thanks Ron

Tracy

I'm sure someone will be along to help soon or by monday for sure!

mattbeals

do you still need the Dell RIP? Give the Dell's IP address to the new HP.

If you re-install the client application you might want to check and see if there is a package receipt in /Library/receipts (an approximate location). Only remove the receipt(s) you need to. That way the installer should overwrite anything that would be installed.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

Stiv

So is your RSI on the HP server?
Is Rampage not mounting the RSI when it launches? Can you mount the RSI and then launch the client?
I am also assuming that you are using MacLan. Have you double checked those settings?
Are the macs running Snow Leopard?

Need more info please.

almaink

Is the hasp installed on the new windows box? I think that hasp needs to be installed for it to work. I know RAMpage sells their own PC's and if you buy your own it may not work, or at lest thats what I've been told.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

mwc

I think you just need to have your new ram_vol mounted, launch the Rampage Client, then go tho the Client Prefs and choose your NEW RamVol server....

Also, the Rampage Server applications have a pref to point to your job folders...make sure they are writing to the correct location

DigiCorn

All of these are important things to check. Good work, group! :azn:
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway