Anyone using Adobe CC

Started by RMPrepress, July 24, 2013, 01:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Yes. For now. No promises on future updates though.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

Thanks Joe
I don't think I can upgrade to Maverick with XMF
I may need another computer in the future, Like I need more computers
sheesh

Tracy

can you have 2 users with 1 license, might be a dumb question :laugh:

just thinking if their not used at the same time

Farabomb

I'm not sure you're ok with CC on anything.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigitalCrapShoveler

Yes, you can run 2 computers with one license. One is SUPPOSED to be for work and at home, but you can get away with it. It's for people that take their work home with them; not really for skipping on buying 2 individual copies.
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on August 15, 2014, 01:27:54 PMYes, you can run 2 computers with one license. One is SUPPOSED to be for work and at home, but you can get away with it. It's for people that take their work home with them; not really for skipping on buying 2 individual copies.

Ditto.

Quote4.1 Subscription-Based Software License.

If we provide the Software to you as part of your subscription to use the Services, then subject to your compliance with these terms, we grant you a non-exclusive license to install and use the Software: (a) in the Territory, (b) so long as your subscription is valid, and (c) consistent with these terms and related documentation accompanying the Software. "Territory" means worldwide, but excludes any U.S. embargoed countries and countries where you are prohibited from using the Software or the Services. You may activate the Software on up to 2 devices (or virtual machines) at a time, if these activations are associated with the same Adobe ID for the same individual, unless stated at http://www.adobe.com/go/activation. However, you may not use the Software on these devices simultaneously.

Tracy

Thanks Guys! so I should download and put in my current info when asked for the license?

Joe

Yes. How long are you going to be there because it can take a long time to download depending on your ISP speed or Adobe server usage or anything in between? And you have to download each application separately. It downloads and installs without you having to run the installer....unless you have a team account and then everything works differently. :laugh:

Designia(o_O)

Quote from: Joe on August 15, 2014, 01:39:30 PM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on August 15, 2014, 01:27:54 PMYes, you can run 2 computers with one license. One is SUPPOSED to be for work and at home, but you can get away with it. It's for people that take their work home with them; not really for skipping on buying 2 individual copies.

Ditto.

If we provide the Software to you as part of your subscription to use the Services, then subject to your compliance with these terms, we grant you a non-exclusive license to install and use the Software: (a) in the Territory, (b) so long as your subscription is valid, and (c) consistent with these terms and related documentation accompanying the Software. "Territory" means worldwide, but excludes any U.S. embargoed countries and countries where you are prohibited from using the Software or the Services. You may activate the Software on up to 2 devices (or virtual machines) at a time, if these activations are associated with the same Adobe ID for the same individual, unless stated at http://www.adobe.com/go/activation. However, you may not use the Software on these devices simultaneously.

So you actually can't run two computers with one license in the same office because you can't run them simultaneously? Adobe is just so user friendly. I love them.

Joe

Quote from: Designia on August 15, 2014, 02:02:55 PM
Quote from: Joe on August 15, 2014, 01:39:30 PM

Ditto.

So you actually can't run two computers with one license in the same office because you can't run them simultaneously? Adobe is just so user friendly. I love them.

You can technologically but not legally.

It's not like the old Quark where it will stop you from running both on the local network. They will both activate and run. The Adobe SWAT team may eventually show up at your door though. :toaster:

Ear

Quote from: Designia on August 15, 2014, 02:02:55 PMSo you actually can't run two computers with one license in the same office because you can't run them simultaneously? Adobe is just so user friendly. I love them.

You can, but you have to use the "2 computers 1 cup" plugin. Try it, the pop-ups are epic.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Farabomb

Umm, that makes perfect sense in an office environment. Every user needs a license.

Adobe is being nice by letting you install on 2 separate computers, one being at work and one being at home.

You new to the whole computer software thing?
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Ear

Quote from: Joe on August 15, 2014, 02:06:12 PMYou can technologically but not legally.

It's not like the old Quark where it will stop you from running both on the local network. They will both activate and run. The Adobe SWAT team may eventually show up at your door though. :toaster:

Pic of Adobe SWAT team.

"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

DigiCorn

Quote from: Ear on August 15, 2014, 02:08:48 PM
Quote from: Joe on August 15, 2014, 02:06:12 PMYou can technologically but not legally.

Pic of Adobe SWAT team.

...and this is their leader:
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: Ear on August 15, 2014, 02:08:48 PM

Pic of Adobe SWAT team.

:lmao: