Wordpress Template Reverted to Original

Started by Slappy, August 26, 2013, 08:23:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

Not really sure wtf happened, but at some point over the weekend our company's site has become inaccessible. When I hit the url (or anybody from outside) it only downloads a Wordpress template that appears to be the basic placeholder version. I'm trying to find out who our hosting company is, and how to get real FTP access to the site, anybody ever had this happen? Here's what the download says:

<?php
Front to the WordPress applicationThis file doesn't do anything, but loads
* wp-blog-header.php which does and tells WordPress to load the theme.
* @package WordPress
*/
* Tells WordPress to load the WordPress theme and output it.
* @var bool
*/
define('
WP_USE_THEMES', true);
require('
./wp-blog-header.php');
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

Wordpress is well known for being hacked so I would place that at the top of the list until you know anything different.

Has Wordpress been updated to the latest version? It should be to patch past security issues.

It really sounds like a server issue where for some reason the server is not executing PHP properly.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Slappy

I know there was an Update to WP but I did not apply it for fear of something like this happening. I think we're on 3.6, but can't be 100% sure without direct access. I know it was only a point or two behind whatever the current WP release was though.

If it was hacked & wiped, I hope like HELL there's a backup some place.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Slappy

Been trying to get a straight answer all day on where the hell our site is hosted and the closest I've gotten is that it's "handled" by the useless outsourced local IT guy. FIne, I emailed him, let it sit for a week like most of our problems and see where it goes from there. Not a damned thing I can do at this point.  :popcorn:

gnubler

Quote from: Slappy on August 26, 2013, 02:09:14 PMBeen trying to get a straight answer all day on where the hell our site is hosted

Every shop I work at has this same problem. They don't know crap about their own website. It's always a mystery trying to sort shit out.

Try this:
http://www.whoishostingthis.com/

http://whois.net/
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Slappy

Yeah, I did all of the usual Whois searches and traceroutes - turns out I just had to sit back & wait for somebody else to fix it! 'merica - Fuck YEAH!!!

gnubler

It's in your best interest. Our shop just launched a new site and I had NOTHING to do with it and am so glad.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DCurry

Slappy, when I saw this thread, I tried to go to your company's site and it wasn't up. I tried later and it was up.

By the way, there are at least 2 typos and/or grammatical errors on the site. I probably could have found more, but I got bored.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

gnubler

Quote from: DCurry on August 27, 2013, 05:34:42 AMBy the way, there are at least 2 typos and/or grammatical errors on the site. I probably could have found more, but I got bored.

I found a few on our site and guess what? DON'T CARE! I mentioned it to the "web guy" and it still isn't fixed.

gnubler

Quote from: Slappy on August 26, 2013, 09:14:33 AMI hope like HELL there's a backup some place.

Knowing how these things are usually handled, I'd guess no. Makes no sense to me at all. At my current job I found "backups" of our site in different pieces in random places on a PC and on a Flash drive.

Fontaholic

This thread reminds me of past dealings I've had to have with local third-party vendors whom my bosses had severely pissed off -- not fun!

Invariably it would be some computer-related issue where the relevant information had not been written down/recorded, and it was up to me to attempt to retrieve said information from said recalcitrant individual who had vehemently sworn never to have any dealings with us ever again...  :banghead:

Cheers, John the Fontaholic

Slappy

Quote from: DCurry on August 27, 2013, 05:34:42 AMSlappy, when I saw this thread, I tried to go to your company's site and it wasn't up. I tried later and it was up.

By the way, there are at least 2 typos and/or grammatical errors on the site. I probably could have found more, but I got bored.
Huh, I'd be curious where - I fixed at least a dozen that had carried over from the previous site, since I think they just brought most of the copy over from that one. You can PM if ya like. Gracias!  :cool:

DCurry

Well, if I tell you where they are it kinda takes the fun out of it, doesn't it?

Here's one - "expertise" is spelled wrong on the From the President page.

Can't find the other one now. I think it was a greedy apostrophe ("it's" when it should have been "its").
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Slappy

Huh, missed that one. I kinda burned out trying to read past all of the double speak I guess. Thanks!

Slappy

Quote from: DCurry on August 27, 2013, 05:04:42 PM\Can't find the other one now. I think it was a greedy apostrophe ("it's" when it should have been "its").
Probably on this page:

"we're using it to it's fullest potential."

Oh, ARE we now??  :cheesy: