Big News! Fuji Acquires RamPage???

Started by mwc, December 05, 2013, 06:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Tracy's old avatar used to be a lady in a -20s era long skirt, standing next to an Indian, as I recall. She's an old fashioned kinda gal.   :undecided:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

mwc

I think Rampage's customer base, maturity and affordability played a part in the acquisition. They made a 'comparatively affordable' product that just worked, and made it well.
That being said, we had just upgraded from v11 to v13 after 5yrs, and are looking forward to using v13 for at least that long...native intel client means it will run on current macs...I don't have to worry about other workflows, at least for the next few years  (by that time XMF, maybe if it's still around?)
Have been told by Fuji that they are committed to service and support for Rampage, and that includes any maintenance/bug fixes that may arise.
I was shocked that this had happened, but in the greater picture...I'm not worried.
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it...."

DigiCorn

Quote from: mwc on December 10, 2013, 09:05:22 AM"If it ain't broke, don't fix it...."
We never upgraded beyond v10 because I don't like spending lots of money, and I never had any issues that couldn't be fixed in some fashion with our current setup. Had we done so, there would be a level of regret having dropped $20k and not being able to proceed.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

mattbeals

Quote from: mwc on December 10, 2013, 09:05:22 AMHave been told by Fuji that they are committed to service and support for Rampage, and that includes any maintenance/bug fixes that may arise.

Sounds like maintenance mode to kill it and replace it with something else.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.