Thunderbird problem

Started by frailer, June 08, 2015, 03:09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Been using this as the ISP-based 'home' email since forever, more or less without issue. As with a lot of people, I guess I rely on webmail more and more, as does wife.
But, it's still the target for a number of things; bills... stuff like that.

Had trouble forwarding emails today, although I could send emails TO it from my webmail.

This is on the Error Console.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Timestamp: 8/06/15 5:07:15 PM
Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED) [nsIMsgMailNewsUrl.server]"  nsresult: "0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED)"  location: "JS frame :: resource:///modules/activity/alertHook.js :: alertHook.onAlert :: line 48"  data: no]
Source File: resource:///modules/activity/alertHook.js
Line: 48
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thoughts?

I recently made FF default browser, from Chrome.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Is the an error in Firefox or Thunderbird?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Sorry about that, been a white mouse in a wheel for 48/24.

Chrome reference was a   :homer:

...Thunderbird
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Joe

OK. Just to clarify...if you are on webmail using Firefox when you try to forward an email to the account that is using Thunderbird the forwards do not come through to Thunderbird and you get that error but if you just "send" an email from the webmail account with Firefox to that same address it works fine?

frailer

Am at work now Joe. I'll need to test again tonight, from home, as T'bird is the ISP-based (non-webmail? correct description?) 'home' email.

The mouse wheel is slowing a little today. :relieved:

.... I'll try sending new emails, as well as Forwards, to my Fastmail. TBC....

Joe

Quote from: frailer on June 10, 2015, 06:42:51 PMAm at work now Joe. I'll need to test again tonight, from home, as T'bird is the ISP-based (non-webmail? correct description?) 'home' email.

The mouse wheel is slowing a little today. :relieved:

.... I'll try sending new emails, as well as Forwards, to my Fastmail. TBC....

Well all email has webmail as far as I see anymore. I'll bet you can access your ISP mail through either the client (Thunderbird) or via webmail using a browser. You can also setup webmail sites such as Google Gmail, Hotmail or Yahoo Email etc...in your computer based email client (Thunderbird, Outlook, Apple Mail, etc...)

frailer

... have never had the need to do any of that, though I may at some stage. When I 'adopted' Fastmail I just tended to use that more and more.
T'bird at home is now less used.
No doubt that stuff's not too complicated; never needed to do it.   :undecided: