Looking for pre press freelancer

Started by MattSachs08, November 09, 2016, 01:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MattSachs08

I am looking for a freelance pre-press person to work in our Creative Services department.

We do our own certified proofing using CMA.
We also run Prinergy/Preps/Insite and on occasion run our own blue lines.
We have an Indigo 7600, running 1 shift currently with a very experienced pressman that has been working on Indigos for over 10 years and has finished all available HP training.
Print items we produce include POP, Packaging, Billboards, Print ads, Annual Reports, Books... Just about anything you can think of using all types of print methods. Large format, offset, flexo, etc.

Need someone that is experienced in pre-press that is very proficient in the situations above. Prepping files for print, troubleshooting etc. Must be very organized and detail oriented.
Would be beneficial if the person has some scheduling knowledge as well.

Will start as a freelance position but can develop into a full time gig. Company has great benefits. Medical/Dental/Vision, 401K, 3 weeks a year vacation, 2 weeks a year sick and 3 personal days. A lot of other great perks as well.

We are located in West Los Angeles. Send any resumés or responses to matt.sachs@wonderful.com (yes, it is wonderful)

Joe

Sounds great but the 1,900 mile commute would kill me. Good luck finding someone though.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

MattSachs08

Possum

Tracy's a lot closer. Her football team may be moving to LA anyway. ;)
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Tracy

Had me at 3 weeks vacation :laugh:
Sounds like a wonderful company!
3 hour commute for me tho :(

DigiCorn

12 hour commute here, but otherwise I'd be interested.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

David

Dallas to West LA...  would take me just a couple minutes...

downhill with the wind.

:sarcasm:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

pspdfppdfxhd

Do you have a private jet to shuttle me from Toronto and back?

If not, I will have to say I am not interested in the position.

:drunk3:

Farabomb

I couldn't deal with the commute or the protesters. Sounds like a great gig though.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

MattSachs08

Thanks for all the responses everyone. Will let everyone know when the opportunity closes. In the meantime, still looking...

born2print

Good luck, this was a good place to post, I am surprised you didn't get a hit here, I'm sure we have some LA folks :shrug:
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

MattSachs08

Going to give this a bump. We are looking for hire within about a month.

frailer

Quote from: MattSachs08 on November 09, 2016, 02:10:25 PMOh yea. That would be a challenge.
A bigger one here though... oh, wait, Prinergy... rules me out.  ;D
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Nick Burns

Quote from: MattSachs08 on November 09, 2016, 01:57:31 PM3 weeks a year vacation, 2 weeks a year sick and 3 personal days.

Holy crap! Just get a Prius Joe! Frailer just needs a cigar boat.
Oh by the way, YOU'RE WELCOME!

frailer

While it lasts in GruntWorldOz, we have mostly 4 weeks annual leave, and sick leave.

Nothing, however, as we know, necessarily lasts forever. I'll pass on the cigar boat...
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.