Luscher CTP pulls out of USA

Started by Joe, July 15, 2008, 03:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beck

Success!

We had Laser-Tech come in.  Out technician was named Mike Smith.  Great guy, knows his stuff.

We are now up and running, good as new.

beck
Nevertheless....beck has hit the proverbial nail on the head.
Joe

Joe

Glad to hear that beck. One other question...do you have the PHS (Plate Handling System) or do your plate people load the plates by hand?

Paul D. is supposed to be in later this week or next. Hopefully we'll have the same good fortune.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

beck

We load by hand.

Our platemaker sits on his ass enough, without having the machine load plates for him!

beck
Joe

Joe

We have the PHS but it's not been working for some time now. The platemakers aren't happy about it. :death:

beck

Cripes, how much does it take to load a plate??????????
Joe

Joe

How big are your plates? Our smallest is 36" x 48" and the biggest is approximately 58" x 52". The plate girl on days has a tough time with the biggest plates.

beck

45" x 50" - our 2 old presses are the same size

Our new press will have 44" x 57" plates...supposed to be running around Memorial Day.
Joe

Joe

We've got 5 presses...all running different size plates. They are putting in another right now and I will bet they will use a different size as well. :laugh: Anyway the PHS is bought and paid for and they want it working again. Truthfully though I think the PHS causes more problems then it's worth.

beck

I can understand having something that is paid for working.

We looked at a place that had the plate loader.  But when we figured out how many plates we'd make, vs. the cost of the loader, vs. the increase in speed of stepping film vs. CTP, we couldn't justify the cost.
Joe

Joe

Somewhere there was a plan that we would just be able to set it on auto load and do away with the plate people. Didn't work. It's actually faster to load by hand than to use the PHS.

tapdn

Quote from: Joe on March 17, 2009, 01:19:02 PMWe've got 5 presses...all running different size plates. They are putting in another right now and I will bet they will use a different size as well. :laugh: Anyway the PHS is bought and paid for and they want it working again. Truthfully though I think the PHS causes more problems then it's worth.

Exactly why we didn't opt for the loader when we got our two new platemakers. Went with Screen PlateRite 8300S and so loving 'em.
PS: 99% of our plates are same size 35.5x23.3125"
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

beck

Quote from: Joe on March 17, 2009, 01:26:27 PMSomewhere there was a plan that we would just be able to set it on auto load and do away with the plate people. Didn't work. It's actually faster to load by hand than to use the PHS.

Yea, they tried to sell us on the automation as well.

"A plate goes down, you get called at home, you log into the computer from home, and in a few minutes, the pressman can pick up the finished plate".

Uh-huh...sure.  :wink:
Joe

frailer

I know this is a Luscher thread, but...I'd be dead without autoload on our Fuji violet. It works well.  Our PITA is that they have to be tail-bent for the Komoris. By hand on a bender, of course.

Oh, hang on, it works well now...that the nut that wasn't Loktite'd on the production line is now Loktite'd.      :rolleyes:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Quote from: beck  on March 17, 2009, 01:29:11 PM
Quote from: Joe on March 17, 2009, 01:26:27 PMSomewhere there was a plan that we would just be able to set it on auto load and do away with the plate people. Didn't work. It's actually faster to load by hand than to use the PHS.

Yea, they tried to sell us on the automation as well.

"A plate goes down, you get called at home, you log into the computer from home, and in a few minutes, the pressman can pick up the finished plate".

Uh-huh...sure.  :wink:

Yeah, that and the whole "you won't need plate people" anymore. Even when it was working you couldn't trust it long enough to go to lunch. Someone has to constantly monitor it.

prepresstex

In mexico Luscher is considered the best machine and there is service personnel there. A swiss guy has the dealership and he works fine I sold two and he services them. If you don't want them sell them to me
The service company is the following and flying to the us is very cheap to promote turism like 350
Hell Gravure México, S.A de C.V.                  
German Centre 4 3 4.  011(5255) 50205040                  
www.gruposad.com.mx                  
E-MAIL: claraterron_hell@yahoo.com.mx