Looking for pressman in Mississauga Canada

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, October 05, 2021, 09:41:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

holy cow Joe! 3 pensions? way to go!

you will destress in retirement and live long!

pspdfppdfxhd

I hope you find something to fill your time that you enjoy. As much as you might feel good about getting out of prepress, there will be a need for something to replace it. All that frantic thinking and problem solving will leave a void.

A lot of guys start to drink too much, and that's not a great option.

I'm actually considering buying a run down house and remodeling it and trying to flip it. The housing market is crazy around here right now. It is hard to find anything to buy. Definitely a sellers market right now.

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on December 01, 2021, 08:54:53 AM
We found a part timer guy... seems to be working ok so far.

Saw a prepress job being advertised. (company had advertised for the job about a month ago but seem to be looking again).

Pay: $15 to $33 dollars an hour.... what are they trying to say? Typo? I might think about applying but they specifically want "Heidelberg Prinect software" experience.

Is "Heidelberg Prinect software" not just a workflow like Apogee or Navigator? Or is it something very complicated that would require years of experience?

David

Quote from: Joe on December 01, 2021, 10:03:53 AM
No but if you decide to get another job when you retire there are limits to how much you can make before they start docking your SS.

If you retire at your full regiment age, you can work as many hours as you want with no penalty, that's what I'm doing now.
I set up my SS when I hit 66 (full retirement age), I still work over 40 hours a week and get my almost $2500 a month in SS.
If you wait longer than your full retirement age to get your SS, you are just throwing money away.
My wife quit her teaching gig in 2020 right when shit was blowing up, and with my SS and her bit of SS (benefits) along with me working still, we actually got a raise in income. WOOHOO!

At least here in Tejas.
:cool:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

David

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on December 01, 2021, 10:27:08 AM
Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on December 01, 2021, 08:54:53 AM
We found a part timer guy... seems to be working ok so far.

Saw a prepress job being advertised. (company had advertised for the job about a month ago but seem to be looking again).

Pay: $15 to $33 dollars an hour.... what are they trying to say? Typo? I might think about applying but they specifically want "Heidelberg Prinect software" experience.

Is "Heidelberg Prinect software" not just a workflow like Apogee or Navigator? Or is it something very complicated that would require years of experience?

they are all very similar, just got the buttons in different places.
Livin' la Vida Loca

Skryber

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on December 01, 2021, 10:25:24 AM
I hope you find something to fill your time that you enjoy. As much as you might feel good about getting out of prepress, there will be a need for something to replace it. All that frantic thinking and problem solving will leave a void.

I'm actually considering buying a run down house and remodeling it and trying to flip it. The housing market is crazy around here right now. It is hard to find anything to buy. Definitely a sellers market right now.

I sent my brother this awesome house near where I live. (I'm trying to get him out of Chicago) It listed at $455,000. 4 days later the price increased $95,000 to $550,000 and they are still accepting backup offers. Today is day 9 on the market. It's insane out here in NW Indiana with the bidding wars.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Tracy

wow that is a lot for Indiana almost Cali prices!

Joe

Quote from: Skryber on December 01, 2021, 12:35:39 PM
Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on December 01, 2021, 10:25:24 AM

I sent my brother this awesome house near where I live. (I'm trying to get him out of Chicago) It listed at $455,000. 4 days later the price increased $95,000 to $550,000 and they are still accepting backup offers. Today is day 9 on the market. It's insane out here in NW Indiana with the bidding wars.

Yeah smart thing is to list your house at a low price which encourages a bidding war.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

madbugger

Quote from: Joe on December 01, 2021, 10:03:53 AM
So I'll probably drop dead during my first week of retirement. I think they plan it that way.

Get yourself a couple of fishing rods, a small tinny and go fishing, best way to destress that I know of.
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.
— Madbugger

Some people say you gotta die some day, I got news, you never gotta go
— Ted Nugent

Tracy

born2print

Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

David

Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on December 01, 2021, 03:44:19 PM
yeah get a small tinny Joe!!

I dunno. I may need a large heated tinny. Gonna be cold out on the ice in January.

Joe

madbugger

Quote from: Joe on December 01, 2021, 05:02:16 PM
Quote from: Tracy on December 01, 2021, 03:44:19 PM
yeah get a small tinny Joe!!

I dunno. I may need a large heated tinny. Gonna be cold out on the ice in January.

Yeah, not a lot of ice or waves around my parts. If the lake gets choppy above a 9" swell we go home :lmao:

And January for us is 40ºC plus, that's 104º Fahrenheit for you guys.

Water temp around that time of year is 20ºC (68ºF), we spend a fair bit of time both in and out of the boat while sitting in the middle of the lake
If you don't like my comment, ignore it. If you don't know how to ignore it, message me and I will be only too happy to demonstrate how.
— Madbugger

Some people say you gotta die some day, I got news, you never gotta go
— Ted Nugent