FM screening lines front to back of plate

Started by G_Town, March 11, 2008, 10:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G_Town

We have another plant thats required to do some FM printing and they normally don't.

They are getting fine lines on the plate from front to back. They have tried changing micron size, Resolutions and rotating the file.

They have also sent the tiff out to be imaged elsewhere on different equipment the lines are still there but are spaced slightly differently.

They do their screening through nexus, so to me the culprit must be nexus. Never having done FM in nexus I don't know what else to tell them to try beyond what they have done already.

Any ideas?

The Stevinator

can we see photos of what's going on?

what lpi are they trying to print at?

what rip manufacturer, version, etc.... are they using?

i haven't done FM in nexus either, but have never been fond of their equipment.

i wonder why the client is being so picky to demand FM.
SJM

G_Town

can we see photos of what's going on? Need to check and see

what lpi are they trying to print at? they have tried 2400,2540 tried 21 and 30 micron

what rip manufacturer, version, etc.... are they using? Nexus, dunno ver.

i haven't done FM in nexus either, but have never been fond of their equipment. I have for a brief fix but haven't seen this issue

i wonder why the client is being so picky to demand FM. Previously printed FM

The only thing I can think of is the screen ctp machine has an internal resolution different from 2400/2540 but then I would think the file wouldn't image :huh:

LRob

What Imager are they using? I know Trendsetters are only 2400 and if you send 2540 , it will give you and error.

G_Town

Quote from: LRob  on March 12, 2008, 10:18:39 AMWhat Imager are they using? I know Trendsetters are only 2400 and if you send 2540 , it will give you and error.

Right,

It's a Screen they haven't called me back so I'm guessing they figured it out.

Joe

Quote from: The Stevinator on March 11, 2008, 06:45:43 PMi haven't done FM in nexus either, but have never been fond of their equipment.

Hey Steve, just wondering...what don't you like about Nexus?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

G_Town

yea I was thinking the same thing....being fairly new to nexus I don't see what is the issue.

I come from a Brisque  background so I'm curious.

The Stevinator

Nexus raped my women, stole my land, and pushed me into slavery........

nah, I just don't care for the how things are set up, not user friendly in my opinion.  That's all.  I don't have any technical beefs.
SJM

G_Town

Quote from: The Stevinator on March 12, 2008, 08:46:51 PMNexus raped my women, stole my land, and pushed me into slavery........

Huh, thats what I say about prepress in general.